“Just passing by”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pittsboro
Rosemary House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 4 Pittsboro B&B and Inns
georgia
“Just passing by”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The Rosemary B&B is clean, comfortable and well located in the town center. Less than a block away is a great local
restaurant - The General Store Cafe. I enjoyed 2 dinners at the Cafe that were delightful. The food is locally sourced and excellent. The decor is eclectic, the service was very good and they had a nice white wine.

The Rosemary B&B needs to have more staff to provide information, directions and interact with guests. I only saw one person briefly in my 2 day stay. The second night I was the only person in the Rosemary House, which was spooky, as a single female traveler. I was told that a staff member lives on property or neaby.

Early meetings prevented me from having breakfast at the B&B, but comments in the Guest Book all indicated that it was very good,

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Gainesville, Fl
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We came to Pittsboro so my husband could take a weekend class at the Woodwrights Workshop. He was thrilled with that experience and is already planning to return. But, I digress....We stayed at the Rosemary House Bed & Breakfast, which was in walking distance to anything in town and had a wonderful stay! The entire house is well-kept, service and food were wonderful and staff were exceptional. We could not have asked for a better stay for the price and will stay again when we return to Pittsboro.

Room Tip: All rooms looked eqully nice!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Principal1
DC
Reviewed March 11, 2011

The house is beautiful. I loved the free teas and coffee and bottled water. I loved the old-fashioned bathtub. The breakfast was pretty good. The first day we had eggs benedict, but they were cooked wrong (yolks were cooked all the way through). The second day we had scrambled eggs, grits, apricot bread pudding, and vegetarian sausage (this is a vegetarian establishment). I found our room was very cold - wish they would turn up the heat. Also, I saw two bugs at the sink, one of which was a roach that had scuttled up the drain and then scuttled right back down before I could get it. Weird because I found the place pretty clean. I like getting to know the owners, but unfortunately they are here once a week and our main interaction with the hired staffperson was during breakfast.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank unbeknownst
Derbyshire,
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Had a really peaceful time: Rooms were nice and clean with some period features.

Staff were really helpful and friendly.

Breakfast was really good, cooked just for you.

This was our first "venture" into small town USA and we were not disappointed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 23, 2010

My husband and I spent four nights at Rosemary House and it was an exceptionally nice stay. True southern hospitality, with a charmingly decorated, comfortable room, delicious breakfasts and a cookie jar filled with delicious treats----which I am now longing for now. Our spacious room had a gas fireplace and a large jetted tub. Soaking in the tub was a treat. Pittsboro is a cute town with some wonderful shops and restaurants, all within walking distance of the B&B. Also well located to Chapel Hill. We would happily stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reston, VA
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I first want to comment on the person who wrote from Vienna, VA. I am from the same area and people here can be very snooty. Really, no small glasses...big deal. And the breakfast was delicious when I was there. I don't know who cooked their breakfast, but Ginna did a wonderful job with ours (and I was picky because I was pregnant). I still want to know where to get the sweet potato pancakes.

My husband and i had gone to the B&B for a romantic getaway before our 2nd child was born. It was just the quiet place I needed. We were in the Retreat room. We had a gas fireplace and a wonderful jacuzzi tub. I usually don't get in tubs in a hotel, but the entire room was very clean. I could tell someone really spent the time for me to be comfortable. I slept so good that night too. Once again, I was pregnant and not sleeping well at the time. But, our bed was very cozy. I also liked the fact that I could get tea anytime I wanted and they had bottled water as well. I really had a fun time in Pittsboro, relaxing at the B&B and walking around the streets with little shops. I am pregnant with my 3rd child and plan on staying there again sometime soon.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kwatson57
Daufuskie Island, South Carolina
Reviewed May 10, 2010

We felt so comfortable at Rosemary House. The rooms are beautiful and the food was delicious.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsboro
The Carolina Inn
Aloft Chapel Hill
Aloft Chapel Hill
#10 of 18 in Chapel Hill
Days Inn & Suites Siler City

Been to Rosemary House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!