“Lovely Inn with many Special Touches”

and 1 more site!
The Fearrington House Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Pittsboro B&B and Inns
Washington, DC
“Lovely Inn with many Special Touches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

We escaped for the fourth of July weekend for a little rest and romance at the Fearrington House Country Inn and was pleasantly surprised by the perfectly appointed rooms, attentive service, and spectacular attention to detail. This was a last-minute getaway and the Fearrington exceeded our expectations on every front. We stayed in a suite that was very spacious with a wall of windows, beautiful layered fabrics and comfy Frette bedding. The Fearrington appears to be the center of a larger housing community; the pool and gym facility is shared with the neighborhood. As a result the pool wasn’t a quite escape, but we felt right at home during the community 4th of July celebration. The property is quite, well maintained, and very close to Chapel Hill, Durham and Raleigh. We dined at the restaurant and it was very good albeit a little pricey.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

Staying at the Fearrington was absolutely fantastic. Whether the Inn is a local getaway for you or further from home, you will be so glad that you decided to visit. Full disclosure--we won a gift certificate, so we didn't have to pay for the room, but I would definitely go back and pay full price. It's a splurge, but so worth it. The Fearrington is close to the Triangle (especially Chapel Hill), but you really feel like you're getting away. Our room was beautiful, service was excellent, and I loved the grounds. The mattress was the most comfortable I have every slept on. Port wine and chocolate truffles at turndown, nice chairs in the sitting area, and a scrumptious full breakfast in the morning. Everything about this stay made it the best possible experience. I can't recommend it enough. Delightful--we will be back!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

My wife and I stayed one night and from the time we checked in until check out we were extremely impressed. For us it was just a 30 minute drive from Raleigh, but would consider it one of the most perfect places to stay. The staff was extremely helpful and the restaurant, although expensive, was great. The afternoon tea was a great treat and breakfast was one of a kind. The scenery and atmosphere were perfect for a romantic weekend getaway.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank trippinjbird
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

We spent our Valentine's Day at the Fearrington and were most impressed by their excellent service! We stayed at #10 and it is a deluxe room with a sitting area and a dvd player. Enjoyed every single moment at the Fearrington which is very cozy!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

stayed there @ 25 times. always excellent. i would recommend getting a room in the "Park" building, which is across from the main hotel and restaurant/shops. it is newer and the rooms are fresher, and a little bigger/more modern i think. food is great, very creative. breakfast has about 6 choices, and while they are always the same six choices, they will make customize them for you (like if you request an egg white omelet). service is great. from max the sommolier, to yorus and matre de to carl the waiter to rosie at check in, all very professional. very romantic. do not recommend it for children. not alot to do unless you go into chapel hill, but nice place to run, walk, read ride a bike or work out.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank timriordan
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2009

I stayed at Fearrington House for one night in October of 2008 to attend an event on site.
This is quite possibly one of the most unique hotels I have ever been too. All of the rooms are situated in different buildings in "the village." I lucked out and had an upgrade to a suite above the bank, with a private courtyard and entrance.
The room was huge, separate living room and bedroom. Fireplace in the living room. Fabulous bathroom! Felt like a cottage apartment in a garden. It was fall when I was there so the fall foliage was in its full glory!
Also while there I experienced an event in the barn. This is a fabulous unique venue which would be great for a wedding.
I also had lunch in the Granary. Food was excellent! Breakfast the following morning in another restaurant was also great.
During my stay I experienced nothing but first class service from all the staff I encountered and would love to return with my boyfriend for a long weekend and really enjoy all that the area has to offer.
Also, port in your room in the evening is a great touch!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

My husband and I spent our wedding night at Fearrington on April 25th. We arrived late in the evening after our wedding, and the gentleman at the desk told us we were upgraded to a King room (#3) for no extra fee.
The room was lovely - and the bed was super comfortable! I wish we had more time here to enjoy the luxurious jetted bathtub. My husband was a huge fan of the great water pressure in the shower! This was exactly what I was hoping for at the Inn - luxurious and comfortable accommodations with quaint country style.
The complimentary breakfast in the morning was delicious and the service was great. Don't forget to bring a little cash for tips! We had to hit an ATM because we are so used to using our cards for everything.

We spent the next morning walking about the beautiful grounds and enjoying the gardens. It was very quiet and peaceful. The shops are cute - but there wasn't really anything there we would purchase.

My husband accidentally lost his brand new wedding band that morning and all the shop keepers and staff were very kind and encouraging as we retraced our steps. We were lucky that another guest had found it in front of our car that morning and the front desk had it waiting for us.

Lunch at The Old Granary was yummy. I highly recommend the rosemary-herbed french fries!

Don't miss the 'oreo' cows :)

My only (minor) complaint is that I had left an expensive (and new) bra draped over one of the easy chairs in the bedroom. When I called the next day to ask about it I was told it wasn't found :(

We look forward to returning next year to celebrate our 1st anniversary!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CarolinaHoneymooner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsboro
The Carolina Inn
Rizzo Center
Rizzo Center
#1 of 17 in Chapel Hill
Hampton Inn & Suites Chapel Hill/Carrboro

Been to The Fearrington House Inn? Share your experiences!