“Excellent!”

The Fearrington House Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Pittsboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 16, 2010

We spent our Valentine's Day at the Fearrington and were most impressed by their excellent service! We stayed at #10 and it is a deluxe room with a sitting area and a dvd player. Enjoyed every single moment at the Fearrington which is very cozy!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 3, 2010

stayed there @ 25 times. always excellent. i would recommend getting a room in the "Park" building, which is across from the main hotel and restaurant/shops. it is newer and the rooms are fresher, and a little bigger/more modern i think. food is great, very creative. breakfast has about 6 choices, and while they are always the same six choices, they will make customize them for you (like if you request an egg white omelet). service is great. from max the sommolier, to yorus and matre de to carl the waiter to rosie at check in, all very professional. very romantic. do not recommend it for children. not alot to do unless you go into chapel hill, but nice place to run, walk, read ride a bike or work out.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank timriordan
Reviewed November 13, 2009

I stayed at Fearrington House for one night in October of 2008 to attend an event on site.
This is quite possibly one of the most unique hotels I have ever been too. All of the rooms are situated in different buildings in "the village." I lucked out and had an upgrade to a suite above the bank, with a private courtyard and entrance.
The room was huge, separate living room and bedroom. Fireplace in the living room. Fabulous bathroom! Felt like a cottage apartment in a garden. It was fall when I was there so the fall foliage was in its full glory!
Also while there I experienced an event in the barn. This is a fabulous unique venue which would be great for a wedding.
I also had lunch in the Granary. Food was excellent! Breakfast the following morning in another restaurant was also great.
During my stay I experienced nothing but first class service from all the staff I encountered and would love to return with my boyfriend for a long weekend and really enjoy all that the area has to offer.
Also, port in your room in the evening is a great touch!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2009

My husband and I spent our wedding night at Fearrington on April 25th. We arrived late in the evening after our wedding, and the gentleman at the desk told us we were upgraded to a King room (#3) for no extra fee.
The room was lovely - and the bed was super comfortable! I wish we had more time here to enjoy the luxurious jetted bathtub. My husband was a huge fan of the great water pressure in the shower! This was exactly what I was hoping for at the Inn - luxurious and comfortable accommodations with quaint country style.
The complimentary breakfast in the morning was delicious and the service was great. Don't forget to bring a little cash for tips! We had to hit an ATM because we are so used to using our cards for everything.

We spent the next morning walking about the beautiful grounds and enjoying the gardens. It was very quiet and peaceful. The shops are cute - but there wasn't really anything there we would purchase.

My husband accidentally lost his brand new wedding band that morning and all the shop keepers and staff were very kind and encouraging as we retraced our steps. We were lucky that another guest had found it in front of our car that morning and the front desk had it waiting for us.

Lunch at The Old Granary was yummy. I highly recommend the rosemary-herbed french fries!

Don't miss the 'oreo' cows :)

My only (minor) complaint is that I had left an expensive (and new) bra draped over one of the easy chairs in the bedroom. When I called the next day to ask about it I was told it wasn't found :(

We look forward to returning next year to celebrate our 1st anniversary!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarolinaHoneymooner
Reviewed October 24, 2008

October 24, 2008

My husband and I recently had the great pleasure to stay at the Fearrington Inn after a long two week trip. The other day we were talking about our experience and trying to decide when we could find opportunity to stay again.
After recalling how lovely it had been, we thought we should rightly share our thoughts with you.
The moment we arrived we were welcomed by an organized warm and professional person at the front desk. Every detail was explained by a knowledgeable friendly attendant as he walked us around the grounds, offering thoughtful choices and explanations of the various amenities available.
The accommodations were esthetically pleasing, meticulously clean, with a first-rate attention to detail and comfort.
We had “afternoon tea” in the sunroom. The scones, special little sandwiches served with clotted cream and lemon curd were delightful. It provided us some quiet reflection time in this peaceful setting with the gardens just outside the door.
We were pleased with the “turn down attendant” who quickly and efficiently prepared a night-cap and folded down the bed and provided us with fresh towels.
The whirl pool tub set us up for a full night of recuperative rest.
The morning coffee was full bodied and delicious. The breakfast was fresh and flavorful.
We look forward to experiencing this wonderful “retreat” again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alaskaman61
Reviewed October 13, 2008

I stayed here to attend a meeting. Based on the Inn's homepage and what I was told by the meeting organizer, (not to mention what we all paid) I was expecting a high end hotel, with many amenities and outstanding customer service. The most I can say is the customer service was mediocre at times. The rooms look like some low end time share condo, there is now wireless connection in the room, mosquitos everywhere and forget about room service! Other than going down to the hotel, do not expect anything edible to be delivered to your room - if they deliver anything at all. They say they have a gym, but if you want a quick workout early in the morning before your meeting - forget it! The gym is off site and if you are actually able to find someone to take you over in a golf cart, there is no time left for a workout. Also - housekeeping, maintainace etc... will freely walk into your room whenever they want - no safety latch. I have stayed at some of the most luxurious hotels, quaint inns and lovely b&b's in the country and around the world - this is not one of them. Not even close. And the rooms were really dirty - unacceptable.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
8  Thank MissDeeCee
Reviewed October 5, 2008

We opted for a 3-night package. We had two Superior Suites--one for my husband and me, and one for my sister-in-law; they were truly superior. Amenities:
•Daily full breakfast.
•Daily full English-style tea, with so much food, you must take dinner into consideration.
•In-room massages, and these by true massage therapists.
•2 gourmet dinners, one with optional wine pairing. The wines are very fine. The food is true, real-gone gourmet!
• Lunch at the Granary Restaurant.
• A $25 gift certificate to local shops.
• A thoroughly crammed picnic basket, which we opted to use during our travel to Savannah.
•Turn-down service complete with chocolates and port.
•Daily replenished snack supplies in the room, including fruit, soft drinks, water, pretzels, chips, nuts, chocolates and other sweets.
•Coffee in the garden house.
•Use of the Garden House and Sun House at any time.
The suites were beyond clean, and were kept that way. The wonderful person who did the turn-down service, also straightened up a bit. The suites were most attractive and comfortable.
The best martinis anywhere are to be had at the bars in The Granary and Fearrington House.
The gardens are fabulous; we got so many ideas and inspirations for our home grounds.
The shops have something for everybody. Decorating items, gifts, food, gardening stuff, books--more than you can even name--all are reasonably priced. I shopped up a storm; the shops all shipped, and my plunder was waiting for me when we got home in Florida.
The staff is--again, what can I say?--wonderful! Their manners, carriage and skill are all perfect. No obnoxious over-familiarities such as "you guys" drop from their lips. They are professional, and that goes for every staff member including but not limited to reception, wait staff, and cleaning people. Even the gardeners were receptive to questions and willing to take time to discuss mulching and compost and any other aspect of gardening.
We will definitely return to Fearrington.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsboro
The Umstead Hotel and Spa
The Siena Hotel, Autograph Collection
Rizzo Center
Rizzo Center
#1 of 18 in Chapel Hill

Been to The Fearrington House Inn? Share your experiences!