I stayed at the Fearrington Inn during a weekend in the middle of a business trip. The room was very nice, very comfortable, decorated nicely, had nice amenities. The rest of the property was only OK. I was travelling on my own so assumed I could eat at the bar (rather than sitting at a table on my own), but this wasn't possible. The room service menu was disappointingly limited, with salads, sandwiches, and one pasta dish the only options for dinner. I ordered the pasta but it was mediocre at best. The staff then woke me by calling my room at 10:30 pm to ask if they could remove the tray (I had phoned at about 7:30 saying I was done with dinner!). I picked a Relais & Chateaux place specifically for the food and was very disappointed. I would stay again only if I could find somewhere else to eat all my meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fearrington House Inn is a Relais & Chateaux property located just south of Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Set amidst extensive gardens and rolling pastures, this 32 room inn features individually decorated rooms and suites as well as award-winning service. Guests also enjoy relaxing treatments at the Spa at Fearrington and browsing our stores including Dovecote and Haven, both home and gift shops, and McIntyre's Books, one of the South's most celebrated independent bookstores. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Fearrington House Hotel Pittsboro
- Fearrington Inn Pittsboro Nc
- Fearrington House Pittsboro