“Cozy and relaxing retreat”

and 1 more site!
The Fearrington House Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Pittsboro B&B and Inns
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Cozy and relaxing retreat”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This was my second stay at Fearrington...both times I have stayed there I was upgraded to a higher room category; not sure if this is luck or policy. All the rooms include a truly gourmet breakfast and delicious and rather filling sweet and savory tea. If you are also having dinner at the Inn, be sure to space out your tea and meal or you won't be hungry! Also, if you are feeling kind of full after dinner but want a little something sweet, you will receive a small variety of sweets upon finishing, which they were kind enough to box up for me so I could enjoy them back at my room.

My package included a $25 gift certificate for the shops and it was easy to find a pair of cute earrings at the on site boutique. There are also cute t shirts and prepared foods for purchase, even a nice independent bookstore.

I have stayed both times in the older part of the Inn and while the bathroom fixtures are dated looking (thing brassy brass), the rooms are beyond immaculate and I felt comfortable going around barefoot. I imagine the newer section is more updated looking but this did not bother me in the least.

The beds are extremely comfortable (with loads of great pillows) and they think of a lot of details...comfy spa robes, port at turn down service, complimentary DVD rental (and popcorn too if you have any room after your meal).

This most recent night's stay was during a wedding and there was an issue w/outside noise at 12:30. A quick call to the front desk and it was immediately quiet. There was an issue w/one of my dinner courses and the server comped my drinks, which was appreciated.

It is lovely to walk around the grounds on a nice day -- all in all a wonderful stay and I will be sure to go back when I need to recharge.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank capecodders4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Just finished our 1 night stay as we meander down south to Columbia SC. We had room 13 which is my lucky number ( Bday on a 13). It was a gorgeous suite with a screened in porch for two off the master bath. Luckily we made use of the pretty porch with a garden view, because the weather is cold today. The bathroom has a jacuzzi tub, shower, hot towel rack, walkin closet, and 2 windows as well as a skylight window. This is important for ladies because the light in the bathroom makes You look stunning as you get ready for dinner. (have you ever put makeup on in florescent light? You know what I mean). We also had a large sitting area separate from the main bedroom, with couch and 3 chairs. A beautiful view from this room to the main courtyard with fountains that wedding parties will take their pictures. The king bed was comfy with 6 plus pillows. We stay at Relais and Chateaus (this being one) and they don't disappoint. I would think this room would be a great honeymoon suite and the inn would be a great place for a small wedding. Dinner last night was wonderful with much attention given to the food presentation and service. Breakfast was equally wonderful and as I'm driving to our next destination I am feeling sorry to not stay longer. Another plus for staying at this location is that it is part of a small village of shops with one of the cutest old fashioned bookstore. A must see. I wish I had one in my neck of the woods. There is also a spa which is part of the Inn.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Ryla_M
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2011

This hotel is great. The food is excellent, the service is excellent, and the rooms are very comfortable. Staying at this hotel is like staying at your rich friend's farm - very relaxing.

• Stayed August 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed here during our recent tour of NC schools with our son. As usual with Relais & Chateaux properties, the Fearrington Inn stands apart from other high-end lodgings with its distinctive personality and, yes, soul. Theresa Chiettini and her team have created a beautiful property inside and out. The rooms were lovely, with wonderful amenities like fresh fruit, gourmet snacks and a turn-down service with delicious truffles and port wine. The two public sitting rooms are likewise beautifully appointed, with ample views of the surrounding gardens. The gardens are immaculately kept and wonderfully fragrant in high summer with their abundance of rosemary and lavender. Unfortunately the restaurant was closed for dinner during our visit, but we were able to feast on a delicious afternoon tea and breakfast. Considering that both are included in the room price, the Inn offers very good value. Service is highly professional in the best European tradition. The surrounding "village" is charming for shopping and browsing, with a variety of walking trails nearby. I only wish we could have stayed longer and sampled what I've been told is a fabulous dinner menu. Certainly if our son attends college nearby, we'll be back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thousand Oaks CA
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband and I recently spent the day and night at Fearrington Village and Fearrington House Inn. It was a very pampering and experience. The room, which was upgraded to a suite was elegant, with beautiful views of the garden. The included afternoon tea included scones with clotted cream, pastries and finger sandwichs and of course our tea of choice. The evening bed turn down came with port and dark chocolate and the gourmet breakfast in the morning was amazing. I had the pancakes with candied pecans and I can't reccommend it enought. Oh yes there are also home made biscuits and jam, fresh juice and coffee.
The village itself is fun, with a great book store that features lectures from top writers, the Fearrington House Inn restaurant which is world class, the village restaurant and cafe that we really enjoyed. The Oreo, black and white cows win awards every year, they are pets, not food and there are black and white Tennesse fainting goats. There are numerous walks through the homes and the village, and for those interested in real estate the homes are situated in lovely wooded areas and are quite charming. There are deer and wild turkeys in the area, and one of the fields has a herd of sculptured sheep that from a distance look absolutely real.
We had a great time and I very much reccomment Fearrington Village if you are in the Chapel Hill, Raliegh area.

philadelphia
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The Fearrington Inn is by far the nicest hotel stay I have ever had. The small Inn is located outside of Chapel Hill and situated among beautiful mountains and peaceful surroundings. The staff is exceptional and the food was delicious. You receive a beautiful room, well appointed and the bed is so comfortable! My husband slept straight through the night (an oddity).

You will receive a complimentary breakfast that is pure southern hospitality. Fresh squeezed oj, biscuits, eggs, bacon, sausage, homefries. This was just one of many choices you could pick from. At night they served port wine with chocolates. I even received a$15.00 gift card as a birthday gift from the Inn. Please, if you have the opportunity to stay here...DO IT!!!! We were coming from Hilton Head and made this the half way stop to Philadelphia.

We were in a townhouse that had two suites. There was no elevator and it was a two fight walk up. This can be avoided if you tell them in advance. I did not mind the exercise. There is a pool, many walking trails, beautiful gardens, restaurants(*****),fitness center, etc. Since we were there only one night we were not able to avail ourselves of all the amenities. We plan on returning next year!

Hudson, Ohio
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We had a wonderful week end at this unique resort. The room was beautifully appointed. The service was exceptional and the food at the several restaurants was excellent. We especially enjoyed the breakfasts and afternoon tees.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in this place.