“good for a drink and/or food”

Pittsboro Roadhouse & General Store
Ranked #8 of 47 Restaurants in Pittsboro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Pittsboro Roadhouse & General Store is the anchor restaurant in historic downtown Pittsboro. Just west of Courthouse Circle, The Roadhouse features indoor and outdoor seating, a lounge, bar and stage with as much music as the best in the greater Raleigh-Durham-Chapel hill area. With excellent salads, fun burgers, a weekday lunch special for $9, and entrees from pasta to seafood to steak, there's something for everyone. This family friendly restaurant has a kids menu, with a kids eat free offer on Wednesday nights when there is Open Mic & Karaoke. Set in the building where Justice Motor Works had a showroom and garage, the front dining room has floor to ceiling windows looking out on West Street. The patio provides covered outdoor seating where dogs are welcome.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

very nice meal and good amosphere staff friendly and attentive live music was brilliant both nights we were there not bands we would usually go for but when in Rome.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

A great selection of foods and local beers. Live music. Friendly service. A smallish selection for vegetarians, but pretty good, and finding anything vegetarian in this area can be a challenge.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Pittsboro Roadhouse has the potential to be a really nice restaurant with great food and good live music. The expanded interior added a lot more tables and a stage. The tables might be a little too close together but they've added a lounge section with couches and chairs.

Their problem is their service. It took close to 10 minutes before the waitress took our drink order. Later, we asked for ice water which never came until the owner asked if everything was okay. He personally brought the water. I had the ribs, which were very meaty and well flavored but they, along with the vegetable dish, were cold. I asked for extra napkins as they were very saucy, but never got them.

We went on their 1 year anniversary and they offered half price drinks (btw, the bartender did not know what a Cuba Libre was) and free cake.

The band, Tuesday Night Music Club, was very good and played long sets and not overly loud.

I really hope they can work out the kinks; it's nice to have casual dining with live music close by.

1  Thank Moncurian
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Enjoyed lunch while visiting Pittsboro with a friend. We asked a resident and they recommended. It was just right. I like the fish tacos (chips ok) and my friend said her pasta with chicken was flavorful. Bright and airy setting.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Having never been to this place before I can’t compare it to what it used to be like. But that is irrelevant to me. The Pittsboro Roadhouse experience I had was great. First off, our server Susan was pleasant, conscientious and efficient. This always helps to make for a good dining experience. We were very impressed by the drinks list to start off with. Lots of wine, all offered by the glass and NC beers as well. The dinner menu offered a variety of interesting things to choose from, much locally sourced. We started with the mussels, and the crispy pork and Celebrity Dairy goat cheese wontons. The mussels were a little dry but the sauce made up for it. The wontons were nicely prepared, hot, crisp and full of flavor. Then we tried the smoke gouda mac ‘n cheese and the tempura dipped burger. The mac ‘n cheese was delicious and rich. The burger was TDF. I felt a little wary about ordering it thinking it was overkill, I mean, what a concept! But, oh my. How perfectly executed. The batter was light and crispy and the burger itself, oh so juicy. It was a generous serving so I took some home and it was just as flavorful the next day. I highly recommend this but order it quickly. The owner came by to check on us. I raved about the burger and he said that this has been on the menu for about a year and that he is thinking of changing it up. I’m glad I had my chance. When we were seated we were given a note explaining the change in ownership and a little history of the place. Judging by our experience, Greg and his wife are doing justice to maintaining a Pittsboro institution and I wish them continued success.