“excellent food”

Oakleaf
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Pittsboro
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

I have been to Oakleaf several times for delicious dinners, and in the last 2 weeks I have been to lunch and brunch. Everything I have eaten there has been very, very good, and the staff is quite pleasant and accommodating. Several of my lunch companions enjoyed the heirloom tomato dishes; found themto be wonderful. They have some rather different items on the brunch menu, including a fun sausage gravy dish which was quite tasty. Wonderful coffee and excellent beignets. Desserts are excellent, especially the lemon buttermilk pudding. Lovely cheese plate, also. Pittsboro is a really nice little town with some cute shops, especially the Phoenix bakery. Nearby also is the Mark Hewitt pottery, where we attended a kiln opening on Saturday. Very well known potter with great variety of pottery.

1 Thank Sarah J

annapolis
“Surprising for Pittsboro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is just a good quality restaurant in a restored mill building that's trying to become an attraction. The old brick structure has been parsed into space for shops and this large restaurant in this old mill town with few attractions. Pittsboro is a town about 30 miles from Raleigh and about 15 miles from any other city. Dinner choices in town seem to be low end fast food chains so I was surprised to find such a nice place.

Oakleaf has a bar and menu that you'd expect to find in a major city. Duck Breast, Scallops and excellent salads. The pastry chef puts together nice desserts as well. Prices comparable to city restaurant but reasonable for what you get. I went on a Wednesday night and the place was fairly busy. Definitely the best place in town.

1 Thank benl
north carolina
“S'wonderful, S'marvelous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

This was our 4th or 5th visit and Oakleaf just keeps getting better and better.Everything-except the coffee(see below) was just perfect all 6 of us agreed:the mixed drinks, soup, salad, steaks, fish, duck,dessert, service. It's a beautiful large space in a gorgeous converted mill and it was surprisingly and refreshingly quiet and the tables are generously well-spaced apart from each other. My one teeny tiny gripe was that the French press coffee was lukewarm, though very high quality. This issue , I think, is the fault of the French press method and not the restaurant. I'm sure Oakleaf is trying to give us the freshest cup of coffee they can. Oakleaf may well be the very best restaurant I've visited in North Carolina and I've been here 42 years.

2 Thank chuboiNorthCarolina
Miami, Florida
“Amazing restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

We took a 2 week long road trip. One of our stops was Pittsboro. I searched for restaurants on tripadvisor and it gave me Oakleaf as one of the choices. Excellent place. Located in an old mill, the atmosphere is perfect and food fantastic. Menu changes according to availability of ingredients. I had ricotta gnocchi with various local mushrooms- incredible. Desert was just majestic. Highly recommend it!

1 Thank ijb123
Siler City, North Carolina
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Loved the steak and the very fresh veggies. Drinks are pricey and I didn't recognize hardly any of the names. I appreciate that they support local vendors but put a couple of mainstream names on there.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Maresnest19

Been to Oakleaf? Share your experiences!