“So good!”

Hawg Wild Bar-B-Que Co
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Always make a plan to eat here. Ribs and pulled pork are great. Love the beans. It's not fancy, but great. Try the sauces. Need to order some to bring home!

There are newer reviews for Hawg Wild Bar-B-Que Co

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We tried Hawg Wild BBQ this evening for the first time. When we walked in it was very warm and welcoming. The hostess seated us immediately and our server was very prompt as well. We could smell the wonderful aroma of a smoker in the back of the restaurant. My husband and I both had a bbq pork platter with fries, coleslaw, and hushpuppies. They offer 2 sizes of platters and the small was plenty for me and I even shared what I couldn't finish with my husband. We were very full when we finished. They offer several smoked meats but we prefer pork. The bbq had a great smoky flavor and you can order either western style or eastern bbq (with vinegar base). They have both types of sauce on the table so you can even order the meat with no sauce and put the sauce on that you like better. The coleslaw is a mayonnaise based slaw and they bring it in a small plastic cup. The portion was rather small but sufficient. The fries were sooooo good! They had a crispy coating that I've never had before and we both thought they were much better than the normal fries you get in most restaurants.

The only reason I gave them a "very good" rather than an "excellent" was because the hushpuppies were slightly sweet which is not the way we like them. If you like hushpuppies that are a little bit sweet then you would enjoy these. They were served hot and fresh.

We live fairly close and will certainly go back again when we want some excellent bbq. It is well worth the trip if you are anywhere in the area.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We visited Hawg Wild Bar-B-Que at lunchtime during a recent all day motorcycle trip. There were quite a fes items on the menu and maby ways to mix & match. One of our group was on low carb abd they were able to cook the ribs and chicken with little to no sauce and fill her every need. two us us shared a 3 choice plate ond we were able to pick ribs twice and chicken and with the extras included, we were full for hours. The wait staff were truly friendly and aimed to please. This was a real suprise finding this place as we were riding and would visit again!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

If you like really Good BBQ, don't waste your time. My husband and I ate at this restaurant recently after it had been recommended to us. The restaurant was clean. Food was average at best. Meat was advertised as smoked but we didn't taste any smoked flavor. 2 sauces offered: Eastern is vinegar based and Western is a tomato based sweeter sauce. Flavor was best when the 2 sauces were combined. Baked beans -Ok- tasted more like ketchup than anything else. Hush puppies had good flavor but were overdone.
Service was poor. After our meal was brought we were not approached (not even for drink refills) until the check was laid on the table. Even then there was no verbal contact. The server just walked by and laid it down.
We will NOT return.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I split the sampler plate and it was more than enough for both of us. The pulled pork (both Western & Eastern) was tender and moist, the chicken was delicious, and the ribs were good, but not the best we'd ever had. Great fries and hush puppies, but I didn't especially like the slaw. Our waitress was very friendly, knowledgeable, and took really good care of us. We'd definitely go back and would recommend it to our friends and family.