“Piedmont views from Jomeokee (aka, "The Great Guide")”

Pilot Mountain State Park
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Pinnacle
Winston Salem, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Piedmont views from Jomeokee (aka, "The Great Guide")”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Native Americans called Pilot Mountain "Jomeokee" or "The Great Guide" for good reason. Its highly recognizable knob is its most prominent feature and can be seen from many miles around. If you're a hiker you'll enjoy the variety of trails rated from easy to strenuous. Pilot Mountain is a local treasure. Come and enjoy all that it offers, but leave only footprints, and take only pictures.

Visited June 2014

“This beautiful mountain is threatened...”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I live near Pilot Mountain Park and absolutely love it. All the positive comments about it are true. It is a unique and valued land form, and most of us who live nearby measure our geography by proximity to the mountain. Enjoyment of the park, however, is threatened by nearby industrial farming that will pollute the clean air and water. Please go to savepilotmountain.org and help us preserve this special park

Visited June 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great View”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Enjoyed the view from both pinnacles, a must see for the whole family. Not a hard hike at all. We had a picnic on the mountain.

Indiana
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Stunning views! Free-”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

For those who love the outdoors and for those who just want a little bit of it, this state park is a great place for a day trip, side trip or for over night camping. Great hiking trails and some stunning views so close to a highway (only downside is the noise you can hear while in certain places inside the park.)

Very clean and easy access to the top, even for those using wheel chairs. Great places to picnic too.

Highly recommend.

1 Thank bsnestrvler
Waynesburg, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“BEAUTIFUL”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

28 Years ago was the first time I ever stopped at PILOT MOUNTAIN and back then even it was the most beautiful place that I've ever been to. I moved backed up North and raised my family but North Carolina had always been in the back of my mind but most of all that BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAIN so just last week my wife and I had our anniversary coming up and so I thought"you know I ain't never took a vacation"so I talked to her and said were out of Ohio and were taken our 2 boys and Going to North Carolina for our anniversary and vacation cause for year's my family has heard me talk about that old Carolina mountain and what no better way to go and spend time with the 3 most greatest things in my life "MY FAMILY" and to finally show them what I've always talked about.It's not to often you take your kids with you for your anniversary but I wouldn't of had it any other way. This old dog may not have been born in the South but my old heart IS!! God Bless ya NORTH CAROLINA.

2 Thank BobandAmanda