“Pros and Cons”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Georgia
“Pros and Cons”
Reviewed July 6, 2008

Pros: There are quite a few restaurants and a decent mall within the vicinity of this hotel. There are also several stores (Kmart, Best Buy, Pier One Imports, T J Max, etc.)

Cons: The suite I reserved (which was suppose to sleep 6 people) did not seem like a suite but a room that was just large enough to fit 2 queen beds and a sleeper couch. If you are trying to save money and don't mind bunking with 5 of your closest friends / family, be warned the one bathroom is very small.

Although, the checkout time is 11:00am, the cleaning staff apparently will start cleaning the room at an earlier time if they knock on your door, you don't answer and they don't see any luggage in the room.

My sister and I decided to take most of our luggage down to the car (whatever we could carry in one trip) and then go out to breakfast. There was a gift basket left behind along with one of the room keys. We decided we would go back up after breakfast to get this item and check the room to make sure we weren't leaving anything behind.

When we came back the room door was open, the gift basket was gone and the room looked like it was being prepared to be cleaned. We saw a cleaning lady on the floor and asked her about the gift basket. She had placed the gift basket under her cleaning cart.

We weren't sure if anything else was left in the room and when we questioned her she didn't say much but only looked at us as if she didn't understand what we were saying. Her first language is Spanish but I suspect she knew exactly what we were asking.

Anyway, when we informed the desk clerk about what happened instead of an apology we received one excuse after another about why the cleaning staff enter the rooms before the checkout time.

We were told that she wasn't stealing the item but was going to bring it to lost and found and that because of the express checkout most people leave and forget to take some of their things. Since I don't know this person I would not know whether she was going to steal the gift basket or not; however, no one should assume that just because some customers leave their items behind that all will, especially if the official checkout time has not passed.

The "Terrible" rating is due to the desk clerks unprofessional and condescending attitude.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Desk Clerk's Attitude
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed September 30, 2007

I was not originally booked at this hotel. I was walked from another hotel down the street which has never happened to me before so I was unhappy about it. When I arrived to the hotel, the front desk staff were very pleasant and they upgraded me to a two room Suite! It had a breakfast bar, living room area, separate bedroom and a large jacuzzi bath tub. The free breakfast buffet had eggs, bacon, biscuits, bagels, muffins, cereal, etc. This made up for being walked from the other hotel and everyone was very friendly at this hotel. The location is actually a bit closer to where I needed to be as well. I will definitely come back to this hotel when I return to this area.

• Liked — The upgrade to a Suite
  • Disliked — Comforter was stained
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank SkiCountry
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed September 6, 2007

I stayed at this hotel because it was recommended by another hotel that I use frequently but was full on this occasion. The hotel and the room was fine. After checking out I received my credit card bill and there was a $150 charge added to the bill. I called them and the hotel manager, Bradley Taylor, said it was because I smoked in the room. I told him that I have never smoked in 41 years. He called me a liar and said he would not reverse the charges. If you do not like to have fradulent charges added to your credit card, DO NOT use this hotel.

• Liked — Being called a liar!
  • Disliked — Again, being called a liar!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
8 Thank medservice1
Olympic Peninsula
Reviewed July 11, 2007

We stayed two nights at this gem located just 5 minutes from Carowinds. The hotel was very clean, well decorated and completely smoke-free. We stayed in a 1 Room Suite which included two Queen beds, pull out couch, refridgerator, microwave, and a small kitchen sink area. There were even cabinets, around the sink and micro, in which to store non-perishable food items. Because of the vaulted ceilings (1st floor Rm# 108), the room felt huge. We had a party of six (2 adults and 4 children) and couldn't have been more comfortable. My parents stayed in the room next door with 6 adults and their only problem was one bathroom, six adults. The pool (open 9AM to 10PM) was a little small but perfect for the small children with whom we were traveling. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The breakfast was a fabulous, free, all-you-can-eat buffet with eggs sausage or bacon (depending on the morning), waffles, assundry cereals and breads, juice, milk, and my personal favorite, biscuits and gravy. Overall it was a great hotel at a great budget price ($110/night (tax included) AAA rate). We highly recommend giving it a try, especially if your traveling with small children.

• Liked — The spacious rooms.
  • Disliked — Internet unreliable.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Just6ofus
Chattanooga
Reviewed April 29, 2006

I read a scary review about this hotel and wanted to stay somewhere else, but we were part of a group, and my son "guilted" me into staying here. I am sure the bad review had to have been written by a competitor, because the first thing I saw on the property was very nice landscaping and clean parking lot. The lobby was open to the second floor landing, which had an ornate wrought iron railing. On the wall behind the front desk was a sign rating the cleanliness of the hotel at a '98' - I guess by the local health department. The foyer was decorated like a homey living room, with a very pretty, large light fixture, fireplace with book shelves, leather sofas, chairs and some tables (which look like they have taken a beating). A nice feel, however. Off to the right is the breakfast area where hot food was offered in the a.m. - eggs, cook-your-own-waffle (the line wasn't worth the wait for the ONE waffle iron), sausage, breads, etc. The one complaint I have and seem to get so many places, is the lack of good manners, proper grammer, and general friendly customer service from the front desk. They, like so many, don't really seem to care whether we (guests) are there are not, because they are there for a paycheck and that's about it. I expect that in NYC, but not in the South. (Yes, I am prejudice!) Anyway, the rooms were larger than most with the nice added seating area. Room temp was just fine; beds were typical motel beds - can't compare to home; sheets kept creeping up off the sides; quiet; clean; close to a mall and places to eat. A tiny pool that wasn't open. All-in-all I was relieved and pleased, and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank ChattTraveler
Reviewed August 7, 2004

Our stay at the Pineville Comfort Suites on July 29th was wonderful! The hotel was very clean and quiet! The continental breakfast included waffle batter and a waffle iron, which my kids loved to use.

The hotel staff that we interacted with were very polite and helpful!

2 Thank Cristen Amy S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 7, 2004

I almost didn't stay in this hotel because of the review that someone posted here, but I decided to check with the hotel and ask questions about the cleanliness of the place and was reassured and decided to try it.

After staying for 4 nights, looking everywhere I could and being slightly paranoid in my vigilance, I did not find evidence of any roaches or bedbugs. It was very clean, especially the bathroom, tastefully furnished, with friendly, helpful staff. Please believe me, I am a tough customer and could not handle uncleanliness, and certainly not bugs. I would have been out of there immediately. As it is, I really don't understand the earlier review of this hotel. I wish I hadn't read it as I worried needlessly the first night I was there.

I would definitely stay here again, and would definitely recommend this place to others. There was a simple but hot breakfast buffet every morning. And again, everthing was very clean (I am extremely picky about what and where I will eat.)

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Comfort Inn At Carowinds
Comfort Inn At Carowinds
#3 of 9 in Fort Mill

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!