“Nice overnight stay”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Grove City, Ohio
“Nice overnight stay”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this Hampton as we made our way south on a recent vacation trip. We were greeted by a friendly staff member at the front desk. Our room was a king room with plenty of room for our one night stay. One issue that we had was the temperature our room. The ac was on in the room, and I could not get ac to shut off. The unit beneath the window had a note in the control box that guests were to use the thermostat on the wall. When I tried to raise the temperature in the room or turn the unit off, the ac continued to run. I called the front desk. I was told that someone would be up within five to ten minutes to take check things out. Within five minutes a staff member arrived. He switched the unit back to manual control on the unit below the window. We were then able to control the temperature in the room. Soon the room was at a comfortable temperature.

Everything else was what I expect at Hampton. The equipment that I used in the fitness room worked. The breakfast was the type and style that I expect at a Hampton. One nice touch was the staff member who came around and offered us a small box of mints. The staff did did a good job of keeping the breakfast foods supplied for guest.

The building seemed to be clean and well kept. I would stay there again if it fit in my travel plans.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear jwally49:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! As a Senior Reviewer and frequent traveler your comments are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve.

I am so sorry that your AC unit was not communicating with the thermostat in your room and happy to hear that the problem was fixed in a timely matter. I want you to know, however, that we are checking all rooms on a regular basis to ensure that this does not happen again.

We hope that you will be back again soon! Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything special I can do for your next visit.

Mae

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Leland, United States
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I like this hotel. It is in a quiet location but is within a mile of many restaurants and shopping locations. Easy access to the interstate as well. The hotel is what I have grown accustom to with a Hampton and that's why I come back to the brand.

Dear Donald C:

We loved having you stay with us and appreciate your review on TripAdvisor.

Pineville is such a great area. We are so fortunate to have the small-town feel of a quiet location with the big-city amenities of shopping and restaurants.

Again, thank you, and please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything special I can do for you next visit!

Evansville, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This hotel is right next door to the higher priced Hilton Garden Inn. I would choose this hotel any day. The price is lower but the service is better. The staff in the breakfast area would do anything to have satisfied customers.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Susan E:

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise for our hotel on Trip Advisor!

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That’s why it’s truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to acknowledge them.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We’re committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything special I can do for you.

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This hotel offers you what you would expect from a Hampton Inn, clean, friendly, modern. If you are on a high protein, low sugar, full fat diet though, the breakfast has nothing to offer. The rooms are clean and quiet. Location is near shopping and restaurants.

Dear Rick C:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your feedback on the breakfast and would love to hear your ideas on specific items you'd like to have for your future stays with us.

Again thank you, and please feel free to contact me directly to let me know what I can do for your next visit!

North Carolina
Reviewed May 16, 2014

The location of the hotel is wonderfully quiet. Seems to cater to business travelers, which adds to the quiet nature of the facility. Excellent restaurants nearby. Easy access to major highways. Would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Dear CulinaryKing :

It was so great to read your review - thanks for writing it! As a business traveler it means so much that you enjoyed your stay here.

Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything special that I can do for you on your next visit!

Denver, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My reservation was suppose to be for 21 days. After the first night, I got up at 4 am and noted a bill under the door. I went down to the front desk and asked why I had a checking out bill. The clerk said I was only registered for one night. I explained that a mistake had been made and that my stay was for 21 days. He told me that my room had been sold and I would have to move to a lesser room before I left for work. I told him this would make me late for work but he did not care. I moved into another room at 5am in the morning and was late for work the first day I was at the new job. When I got back to the hotel at 3pm, I grabbed my things, did not disturb anything in the room, and proceeded to check out. The clerk informed me that being house keeping had left for the day, he was charging me for the night whether I stayed or not and promptly charged my credit card for the night I was not staying. I took my luggage out to my car and could take no more. I went back in and demanded to speak to the manager. I asked why I was charged for a room that was only used to hold my luggage until I could check out. She reluctantly refunded my credit card. I can imagine how screwed up my company expense report is going to be to clear the charge and refund the way she did it. I am a Diamond member and live in Hampton Inns as much as my home. I have never been treated this way at a Hampton Inn or any hotel I have stayed at. I will never stay at this hotel again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Randy C:

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry that your Travel Agent was only able to reserve your room for one night. We wish we could have built an extra king whirpool suite on top of the hotel for you and avoid all the inconveniences you encountered during your time with us. We appreciate your comments and please feel free to contact us directly if there is anything else we can do for you.

Richmond Hill, Ga., United States
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The hotel and staff itself were fine, but the number of kids converging on the breakfast area at one time while other paying guests tried to get smething to eat and a place to sit was rediculous. I also had a lady stick her head out of her room door around 8:00 on Sunday morning complaining about the noise I was making talking to my brother in law in the hallway as he was getting ready to leave and I had not seen him in years--She complained that people if her room were tryin to sleep, but way before that I could hear people talking in the hallway and doors slamming from my room, but this is a public hotel so I don't feel she had any right to complain.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Frederic D:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your feedback.

I'm so sorry that the breakfast area was crowded at the time you visited. We have an extra hostess when we are busy that can take your order and deliver a waffle or whatever you want to your table. Just let us know what we can do for you.

Again, thank you for your feedback and please let us know if there is anything else we can do for your next visit.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Mae
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#6 of 6 in Pineville
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville? Share your experiences!