“Nice Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The hotel was clean, the bedroom was clean the bed was comfotable. Service was great. Typical Hampton.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding. Our room was clean, comfortable and roomy. I was disappointed that the room did not have a refrigerator and microwave. The hotel staff was excellent, friendly and hospitable. Kudos to Sandra at the front desk. The free breakfast was very good with a selection of hot foods along with cereal, waffles,yogart, fruit etc. Coffee was available in the lobby at all times and cookies was available most of the day.
The hotel has an out door pool which was nice and a small exercise room. The hotel also had a very nice business room that was well equiped with 2 computers, fax machine, printer/copier, paper, envelopes(everything you would need for business or pleasure).
Again, I cant say enough of how great the staff was here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jsteve1240
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear jsteve1240,
It was a pleasure having you and your family here for the wedding! Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review to compliment Sandra and the rest of the staff. Feedback from our guests allows us to recognize the team members who make the extra efforts to make your stay a pleasant one. Please ask for a suite on your next visit as they all have a full kitchen with a refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher. Again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Maybe it's because Charlotte is gearing up for the Democratic National Convention but when I stayed there last week, I could not get a room in my usual Charlotte/Ballantyne hotels so I stayed here instead. This is a good hotel although not fully converted over to Suites. I had an older room which was okay, although a little dark and old-fashioned like the older Hampton Inns. Other than that, which I considered only a minor thing, everything was fine including the spacious lobby with the expansive free breakfast, the overall look and parking of the place and the fitness center. The hotel may want to add a second tread mill though. I would definitely stay here again and hope that I would arrive earlier than 1AM so I get one of the newer rooms.

Room Tip: Get there early to get a newer room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Long story, but recently traveled to Charlotte for a wedding and ended up going down a day earlier last minute for a better flight. So I needed a room the night before and the wedding host hotel was booked.

Since I just needed a bed to sleep in (after arriving at CLT at 10:30pm), I did some quick internet research and ended up picking the Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville. All I wanted was a somewhat decent place and didn’t want to spend an arm and a leg since I was just sleeping there. My points and status are with Hilton, so this choice worked well.

All in all, a "decent" property. I travel up to 60 days a year on business/pleasure so I am pretty familiar with lodging properties. For the $110/night I paid for the room, I pretty much got what I paid for. That is, a decent, slightly upscale "chain hotel" that was clean and comfortable.

The location was good. Right off of the highway and there is a large shopping mall right around the corner. There is an IHOP across the street, and since I was in “The South”, why not have breakfast at IHOP?….it was good.

The hotel lobby is a little unique, sort of open air. The property seemed a little old, but clean and renovated to somewhat modern standards. There is a flat screen TV in every room and my bathroom seemed recently renovated and consistent with most modern “chain” hotel bathrooms.

Room size was average…it worked, the decor was fine but nothing spectacular. The room was clean and acceptable for what I paid. As I said earlier, "slightly" upscale describes it well.

Everything was basically “fine”. For road worriers looking for 5-star property, go somewhere else and you will of course pay a lot more. But if you are looking for an “overnight” stay, and are willing to pay a “little bit” more than average, the Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville will likely satisfy most guests. Especially in the $100-$125 a night range.

In the end, while I wasn’t “blown away” nor “disappointed”, it was a good stay and the hotel met my needs and expectations for what I was looking for.

Room Tip: Pretty standard chain hotel. Can't really determine the best vs. worst locations.....
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GeorgeRohman
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed her as we were volunteering for the Wells Fargo tournament. This hotel is extremely convenient to all the parking sites for the tournament because it's close to Carowinds but it's not too close to the major highways.

The hotel is very clean, rooms comfortable, and the grounds are nice. It is very near a mall and has several restaurants in the area.

The staff at the front desk were all very friendly and helpful. They were happy to answer all questions and give pointers to restaurants, activities, and attractions. We rarely see a front desk staff that appears to enjoy their jobs and helping people as the folks at this Hampton.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Dear Anonymoussfh,

Thank you for volunteering in the Wells Fargo tournament! We also appreciate your taking the time to leave a positive review of our hotel.

We hope that you will be able to come back soon and bring the family to Carowinds.

Again, thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

The pros were friendly staff and free breakfast. But the rooms looked a bit tired and dark. It's just fine for a business stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This must be among the very best Hampton Inn & Suites! The rooms and amenities are standard quality Hampton Inn but the service at this facility was most exceptional. Never have I stayed at a "mid-priced" hotel where there were so many professionals assisting with guest services. During the morning breakfast and the manager's evening reception, the staff were exceptionally hospitable and went to great lengths ensuring each guest was welcomed. The leadership team must be very selective in hiring professionals who have majored in hotel and restaurant management.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear Gregory B:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel! With a hotel being a 24 hour a day/seven day a week business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That’s why it’s truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. I will make sure to post you note for all the team to read.

Again, thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon!

Mae

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville
Quality Suites
#6 of 6 in Pineville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville? Share your experiences!