“Super friendly staff!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Super friendly staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

We always stay at this Holiday Inn Express when we come to visit family in Pineville. It's a great hotel, conveniently located to a mall, Carowinds, and good restaurants. What I like most about this hotel is the very friendly and helpful staff. They go out of their way to please you and meet your every need. We had to keep changing our arrival date, and the front desk was very understanding of this.

The breakfast is quite good and offers a wide variety of items which changes a bit each day. However, there are always juices, coffee, cereals, cinnamon buns, muffins, bagels, and English muffins. You really couldn't ask for more - Jose even offered to make pancakes for us if we wanted them! He couldn't have been more attentive or helpful.

The front desk staff and housekeeping staff are awesome, as well. I neglected to write down specific names, or I would include these in my review, as well. Everyone you meet has a smile on their face.

The pool is very nice. I didn't use it this year but have used it in the past. The only reason I didn't give this hotel a review of "Excellent" overall is because of some work that was going on to upgrade the hotel and some slight difficulty they were having with keys not working properly. I want to clarify though that the front desk let us know right up front about both of these issues. The construction was not messy or noisy, and it goes to show you that this hotel is working hard to improve upon an already good thing. As for the keys, the staff made sure we always had a key that worked properly and even escorted us to our room to ensure that the key did indeed work.

Great job - keep up the good work, and we'll be back the next time we visit Pineville!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pineville, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed nice review! We look forward to having you visit again soon.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Mount Washington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This was the cleanest, nicest, friendliest hotel in which I've ever stayed (and I've stayed in many all across the globe). I don't know if my exhaustion at the time is contributing to this review but the pillow and bed were so comfortable I seriously considered staying an extra night (I was bound for an unfamiliar beachfront condo on the coast and, I assumed, the crappy mattresses that were sure to come with it). The staff was friendly and accommodating, the value was good even though I paid with IHG/Priority Club points. I may drive six hours from home on a whim just to sleep in this hotel. It cannot be improved!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pineville, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for making our day! Thank you for such a sweet and awesome review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay :-) Anytime you want to drive the 6 hours to visit we will have a smile and a room ready!

Thank you!
Michelle B.
Kernersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel over the weekend and was very pleased with my stay. The rooms were extremely clean and very nice along with the rest of the hotel. Phylecia was very friendly and helpful with checking in and any questions I had. Overall this hotel is a great place to stay very relaxing and quiet. Next time I'm in the area this will be my choice of stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pineville, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for such nice compliments! We are so thrilled that you will be coming back and staying with us :-)

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Parking is free and plentiful. Check-in was simple, our reservation was pulled up in moments. The desk clerk was pleasant and efficient. The elevator is a few yards down a narrow corridor, so had to be pointed out to me. Elevator worked fine, though its trim and carpet were worn.
This property is under active renovation. There were several rooms on my floor open with workmen in them as I went to my room. I do not like to stay in properties with workmen due to problems I have had in the past with dust, noise and security. No such problems here as yet. I have not heard power tools and my room proved secure so far. Perhaps they are reasonably enough saving the elevator fix up for last. It looks like the are only a week or two from completion of the area I observed, can't say I surveyed the whole building.
The king room is adequately dimensioned, bath area looks new, water hot and pressure good. The AC is fairly quiet and the room air was comfortable. Although we were above the pool and could faintly hear a train in the distance, we had a quiet night. The bed was a little soft for my taste, but got a great nights sleep.

Breakfast is what I expect in this property, but service by Jose was a cut above. He and his colleagues made sure we had all we wanted and was pleased to instruct us in the operation of the automatic pancake machine. The scrambled eggs were well done, bacon thin and crispy as I like it,turkey sausage and biscuits with gravy were available. There was a fridge with plenty of yogurt, h.b. Eggs and milk. Beverages included OJ, apple and cranberry juice and plenty of fresh decaf and regular coffee. All the customary fixings and utensils were there in quantity. There were fresh apple, choc. and blueberry muffins.
A warmer with covered trays kept cinnamon rolls hot and fresh.

The breakfast area is on the second floor and the seating area surrounds the lobby atrium.
This actually makes the area quieter and more private, as you can find a niche comfortably close to the food but remote from other guests if you wish. There is also an area where a couple of tables could be moved to accommodate perhaps two parties of six per table. I am one night into a two night stay and so far this property has proved a good value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed nice review. We hope that you will come see us again soon!

Summerville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Price a little high for quality. Close to Carowinds- very convenient for our purpose. Under construction. Fishy smell in the room. Offered spray for smell??? Breakfast average- decent amount of choices.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Michelle B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pineville, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to fill out a survey. So glad that you found the location good for visiting Carowinds! We look forward to your return when our renovations are complete :-)

Melle , Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We choose this hotel because we had a flight the morning after so this was a good place. Hotel has a big and free parking. Reception was professional and fluent. Room was clean and close to entrance. The room 103 is next to the gym and sometimes you hear when someone is entering or leaving. Luckely not in night time.
The breakfast was a small disaster. It is all on cardboard plates and the room is to small. We had the bad luck that at same moment a school of about 50 students came to breakfast but we survied it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michelle B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pineville, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for your great comments! We hope you will visit again real soon :-)

Summerville, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I found this place while looking for an overnight stay near the train station in Charlotte. It is just off I-485, and very close to Carowinds if you need a place near there. The room was very comfortable, the TV had a great selection, and the breakfast was one of the best I've ever had. The staff were very attentive and gave good directions. It is on a little side street off of South Blvd, so look for the Vitamin Shop. Rates were good for a much bigger motel, and this one seemed to be pretty new, or maybe they just keep it up nice. Plenty of places around to eat...just ask the front desk. I would definitely stay here again. Bed was very comfortable, by the way. And the rooms are actually pretty big. Desk needs an outlet for your computer, however. I always take along a 6' cord just in case.

Room Tip: Elevators to all floors, so call ahead if you need a ground floor room for some reason. Very quiet...