“Excellent place to stay”

Best Western Plus Pineville-Charlotte South
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
North Carolina
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed September 19, 2008

Perfect for people visiting Charlotte to catch a game or just go Uptown. The location in Pineville is about a half-mile drive from the LYNX train system that takes you straight into Charlotte. Parking is free and the train is $1.50. Can't beat it.

Check in was great...very friendly staff, and very nice interior. The outside is a little plain looking, but the rooms, lobby, and other areas are VERY nice. Extremely clean, as well.

Tony Roma's restaurant is next door, and your room key gets you a free appetizer...you can also get one at Longhorn Steakhouse down the street. Pretty good deal. The best deal is the breakfast. HI Express has really stepped up the hot breakfast, and it was better than just about anything I could have purchased...and it's FREE. Biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, sausage, breads, fruit...you name it. And anything else you needed, they would provide.

Quite frankly, I can't think of anything bad to say about this place...very impressed with everyone we came in contact with, and more than satisfied with the service and stay.

• Liked — Great people, Breakfast was incredible
  • Disliked — nothing to dislike
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed July 16, 2008

My 15 month-old daughter and I stayed here for 10 days while she was instructed in the ISR program. The staff was wonderful and treated us like family. The room was cozy and newly renovated so it was in great shape and very clean. The pool was unusable a couple days, but they gave us access to a sister hotel down the street (very close) and we used their pool. It was great. They were doing renovations while we were there, but they never interrupted our sleep or made for dangerous situations. Even the renovators were lovely to us. The staff came out to the pool one afternoon to see my daughter's accomplishments from her lessons. She was thrilled by the applause she received. One morning, a man staying there on business asked about gravy on the breakfast bar. The woman said they only make that on Saturday, but if he wanted, she would make him some and that it wouldn't take long. He declined her offer, but I thought that was so hospitable. They really went out of their way to make our stay special and it didn't feel like they were trying. They're just naturally wonderful people and I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — the front doors are not automatic and it was difficult coming in with a small child and all our gear
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed August 19, 2007

Recently stayed here with a large group of families. For the price and the location, it was perfect! The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Hours after we checked into our room we realized that the air conditioner just wasn't going to provide the cooling that we needed. Despite a hotel filled to capacity, the front desk worked with us to move us into another room. Not only that, the person working on the desk actually delivered that message in person at our door after receiving a busy signal on our room phone. Phone must have been off the hook, but the employee didn't give up!
Many people in our group commented how comfortable the beds were! With a "facelift" on the way, I think that the property is just going to get better. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank site_fan
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed March 21, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights after being grounded in Charlotte from the USAir fiasco. Our flights were cancelled and the earliest flight we could get out was 4 days later; the Holiday Inn Express was the closest airport hotel available and we checked in, exhausted and frustrated, at 1am on a Saturday night. At that point, we would have taken anything so our expectations were not very high.
I'm happy to say, however, that we were both very pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean and neat and the service was attentive and friendly. For a budget hotel (we paid $80/night with a AARP discount) there were a good amount of amenities - beds with nice linens and pillows marked "hard" and "soft," nice toiletries, a decent breakfast, and free local and 800 calls. My husband was unexpectedly hospitalized during our stay and the staff couldn't have been nicer; they moved our room when he became sick, brought extra blankets, and were helpful in arranging taxi transportation. Really pleased with our stay.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tessaje
Morrisville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 14, 2007

I recently stayed at this location again after a year's absence. In the year since I last visited this location, there have been significant improvements. The bed was much more comfortable, the rooms and hallways spotlessly clean and the staff was exceptional. All in all, I found this to be an excellent experience and I would definitely stay there again. The location is superb and it is near everything (mall, restaurants, uptown Charlotte, etc.). A great trip!

• Liked — The location and the room size.
  • Disliked — Loved all of it!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
Lexington, SC
Reviewed January 4, 2007

We used our Priority Points for an overnight stay on January 2, 2007 as our daughter-in-law was to give birth nearby the following day. We were given a 2-bed room on the 4th floor. We saw/heard no other guests and only one other newspaper was outside a door in the morning. The building is far enough off a major road that there was no traffic noise, but has easy access to the major arteries of south Charlotte. The hospital was only about five minutes away, a huge mall even closer so plenty of places to eat, etc.

We had minimal interaction with the staff as we used the stairs rather than the elevator so only went into the lobby to check in and check out. I agree with the assessment that the facilities show wear/age, but everything was clean and well-arranged. The breakfast was a little less than I've come to expect from an HIE but still better than most. I especially liked not having to check-out until noon and wished we owned a laptop to take advantage of the internet access.

If not for the opportunity for a free stay though, I probably would have taken pot-luck with Hotwire because it would have saved about $20 over the best last-minute rate on the HIE website.

• Liked — proximity to the hospital
  • Disliked — no on-site computer room
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed June 21, 2006

I narrowed my hotel search down to this Holiday Inn and the nearby Best Western and wound up booking this hotel based strictly on price. I prepaid in advance and got a rate of $64/night on the hotel's website. I was not disappointed with what I got for the money. The room was a nice size and included a mini refrigerator and microwave. The towels were thick and the sheets were of a higher thread count. The mattress was a bit soft but a sign in the lobby indicated that bedding was to be upgraded to some fancy mattress type in the near future. Dining choices in the area were plentiful, and a Tony Roma's was right next door and offered a free appetizer to any table of people staying at the Holiday Inn.

The hotel had a pool and though it was small, it appeared to be about the same size as the one at the Best Western (which was the next hotel over on that street). The continental breakfast was okay, nothing fancy but what was there was fresh. Housekeeping was adequate. The tub and counter-tops were cleaned well, though appliance cords (coffee maker and iron) were a bit on the dusty/grungy side.

I didn't find the walls to be too thin between the rooms but there did appear to be a big gap at the bottom of the room door which made hallway noise sound like it was in your room. I answered a knock at what I thought was my door once. Turns out someone was knocking on the next door over. A piece of rubber or weather-stripping on the bottom of the door would be a quick fix to that problem.

I did have an issue at check-out with a higher tax calculation not being included and charged in my prepaid amount, but the difference was minimal and the explanation logical so I didn't mind paying it.

Overall, I had a comfortable stay at this hotel and would book here again if I was looking for another budget stay in this good location.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank AussieG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 6 in Pineville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area

Been to Best Western Plus Pineville-Charlotte South? Share your experiences!