“Excellent rooms, great breakfast”

Best Western Plus Pineville-Charlotte South
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Reviewed August 21, 2013

First ever stay in a Holiday Inn Express. The property was great, the room was clean and even nicer than the usual cast of chain motels we've stayed in. The breakfast was a wonderful surprise, omelets and bacon, scrambled eggs and sausage, along with pancakes and a host of other continental breakfast treats. Coffee, always fresh and delicious available in the lobby if you don't want to make it in the room. Treats in the lobby during check-in time. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again anytime and will look for the Holiday Inn Express deals now where ever we go.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mark S
Michelle B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pineville-Charlotte South, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

We are so very happy that you have found Holiday Inn Express and we were the first. The awesome compliments you have given us are much appreciated. We hope to see you again real soon!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Pineville-Charlotte South

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This location as well as the service received is excellent. Both Gloria Bell, Asst. General Mgr. and front desk staff Ashley Baez provide the extra requirements needed to make this a great stay. In addition the Monday Night Mgr. Recepition hit the stop. Great location and outstanding staff.

Room Tip: I have stayed here several times. All rooms that I have used have been on the 3rd floor and have bee...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Michelle B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pineville-Charlotte South, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you or taking the time to point out great customer service! We work hard in this area and so happy you have been able to experience first hand. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Had not stayed in a Holiday Inn in year, but found this one very updated, modern and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Would definitely return and recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rekana

Glad you decided to give us a try and so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend and loved everything about it. The staff was wonderful everyone at the front desk was so friendly (both ladies at check in and check out), and the breakfast was amazing. I can not get over how clean the rooms where either. We will be making this our new hotel to stay when we travel to Charlotte.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Momofsat
Michelle B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pineville-Charlotte South, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

The comments you have shared with us are awesome! We thank you for such great reviews :-) We look so forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stay in a lot of hotels over the year and a lot of the good reviews are from folks who stay there and nothing happens to them and the room they get is nice and it's a fun experience for them ( as it should be) because they only take a few trips a year. As one of many who lives in hotels year round we are a little more critical (as we should be) to alert others about something that might....very rare,,, but do happen so they can make their own judgement. First let me say this hotel is in a PRIME location in Charlotte, with a lot of really good restaurants around it. It is by a mall and several Big Box retailers. So that in itself allows them to charge a little more than if they were located in boondockville...and rightly so, so don't whine about the price, cause it's fair. The hotel is about 18 or so years old, so it will not look brand new but from what I saw they do a nice job of upgrading (flat screens, nice Wi-Fi) and housekeeping does a good job of keeping it that way...kudos to them. The breakfast room as you can see by comparison to others is rather cramped, but I am sure it was added later, and the muffins are some of the best I have had in the past year. My issue is that upon check-in I was given a key to rm 406 and I didn't request a roommate. Luckily the occupant wasn't there so no harm no foul, wrong. I can only imagine that if I had opened the door with my card key and some young lady was coming out of the shower in her birthday suit, or some large gentleman with no sense of humor decided I was trying to ....well it might not have been pretty. I just saying these things might happen and it is a very serious, if not possibly criminal offense. Oh buy the way the first time I tried to enter the room my card keys didn't work so I had to back to the desk and the were redone. So anyway...I know I'm dragging on... I was given another room on the first floor at the far end 118 and when I tried those card keys....yep didn't work either. So after my 4th trip to the desk I finally gained assess to the room. This would almost be humorous but I had really sprained my ankle at work and was walking like Walter Brennan...if you now this reference don't reveal your age:) I was in a lot of pain and it was obvious to everyone at the hotel except for the young lady at the front desk. She was very nice and pleasant, BUT not once did she say I am so sorry for your inconvenience. Every time I came back to the desk she attempted to fix things, but did not offer to go check and see if they would open the door since obviously it really took me a while to go back and forth and I was literally sweating because of the pain. Of course it was not their fault in the least bit the I had messed up my ankle to the nth degree, I have been to hotels though that have such outstanding customer service that they fawn over you so much you are royally embarrassed, Oh when I finally got into my room it was hot, because the A/C apparently only had two setting hot and humid or let's hang some meat. It did work really well when it was full on cold:( The stopper in the tub was broke, but hey that let the water build up when I took a shower and it felt really good on my ankle. Other than that it was great, as HI usually is one of the top brands in the US. The bed was so comfortable that despite the nagging pain I actually got a little sleep and the TV choice wonderful, know cause I watched it until the ibuprofen kicked in. They also have a huge parking lot with a ton of spaces that you sometimes don't find at some properties. Oh I know there is a sign above the desk with the manager on calls name, but I live in the real world, and like I said before...I stay at hotels a lot, and if you don't live in hotels year round you won't understand what that MOC means on a Saturday night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank steve p
Michelle B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pineville-Charlotte South, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

I'm deeply sorry to hear that you had a not so good experience with us. This is highly uncharacteristic of our staff, as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. I do hope that you will give us another chance to prove ourselves.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here for one night before picking my daughter up from camp. Convenient location just off of 485. There is a mall across the street with a few restaurants just outside of it. The staff was friendly and courteous. The room was spacious and very clean with a refrigerator, and hotel in general was super clean. There was nice pool and fitness area, although I didn't use either. The complimentary breakfast has a good variety of choices. Since its complimentary I can't complain, but the food is not special. Hotel is a good value.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Michelle B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pineville-Charlotte South, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to give us a very nice review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be back soon to visit.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

From start to finish of 3 day visit, everyone on staff did a fabulous job. Especially Anitra on the breakfast staff who got our day off to a happy start. Rates very reasonable. Easy access to freeway and Charlotte. Coffee and cookies in lobby. Super clean pool. Computer and printer in lobby. Great choice!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank robert o

Such great compliments! Thank you for sharing the great service while you were visiting. Anitra is very grateful for the compliment. We hope you will come back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Comfort Suites
#6 of 6 in Pineville
Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville

Been to Best Western Plus Pineville-Charlotte South? Share your experiences!