“super place to stay”

Best Western Plus Pineville-Charlotte South
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Reviewed October 18, 2011

THe room was clean and quiet, the staff was friendly, the breakfest was great, the woman working the breakfest was great. A very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rgreco

Reviewed September 15, 2011

We made reservations at this hotel through Hot Wire. My daughter was having surgery nearby, and I wanted somewhere close that was not too expensive. We stayed 4 nights, and it was Monday through Thursday, but we had a nice room with two Queen beds, a microwave and fridge, free internet, a great breakfast with biscuits, sausage, eggs, muffins, bagles, cereal, toast, juice, tea, coffee, yogurt, etc. As if that weren't enough, Monday through Weds they have a manager's reception where they served ribs from Tony Roma's one night, chicken wings another, with wine, beer, soft drinks etc. Then, there were fresh home baked cookies in the lobby every night, with tea and coffee. We did not even have to go out for food at all. The staff was also very friendly. We probably got it cheaper than normal, as it was through the week, but I don't see how anyone could beat this for a good bargain.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank robbinsroost
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stopped in at this HI Express on the drive north from Florida. The hotel was cheaper than other HI's in the area and avoided the traffic and congestion of Charolette.
Typcial HI Express clean, efficent, and a good breakfast to get one going in the morning.

This location has a Tony Roma's right next door, the Carolina Place mall 1/4 mile away (large area mall we did not stop at but if looking to shop enroute, may be worth the stop) with another 1/2 dozen food places fronting the street next to the mall (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc).

Being less than 5 minutes from I77 and less than a minute off of 485, I'd remeber this location and consider well worth the stop in ones north / south trek through the Carolina's. The only caution is there is no gas station between the hotel and the highway (as it is so close) but there are in the area a few to choose from.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Openspace
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This hotel is clean, nice, and staff is exceptionally friendly. During my stay the hotel was having a open house and it was amazing. I am so glad I found this hotel to accomodate my needs when traveling in the Charlotte area. Breakfast is so good and there is a variety to choose from. I will be booking my next stay here and for the months to come.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I spent one night at the hotel on my way to a funeral in SC. I checked in late and the staff was very welcoming and the check-in process was very efficient and professional. I got to my room and was very impressed with how comfortable the bed was...and the room also included a very nice TV (flat screen and at least 40"). If traveling on business there was a very large desk and executive chair too. The part I was most impressed with was the breakfast the next morning. There was a FRESH frut salad with pineapple, grapefruit, grapes and melon...couple that with fresh made waffles and you are in business. I don't travel that way often but I will look for other Holiday Inn Express hotels in the future and would absolutely stay at this one again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Matthew B
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I was greeted with a friendly smile, and after a long day of traveling, it was greatly appreciated. The rooms are large, clean and simple. internet is easy to connect to and the breakfast is as expected, with "pre-made" omlettes, biscuits and gravy, coffee, juice, bagels, etc.

However, one downfall, there was no fitness room. I travel weekly, and a fitness room on-site is very important to me. Perhaps I should have checked before booking, but when I was booking last minute, and it was selected as the #1 hotel on Tripadvisor in Pineville, I accepted that...

Second downfall, there is no thermostat, but an air conditioner by the window. That is not normally a big deal, but there is no actual temperature, only a knob to turn it with colors. Coming in late in the evening, it was hot in the room. I am normally always cold, so I didn't want to turn it too low, but I had to get up a few times in the middle of the night because I was constantly hot and had to urn down the air!

Again, a simple clean hotel, but those two things will not have me coming back any time soon, especially the fact that for about $10/$15 more, I could stay somewhere that has both...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Clean pleasant only problem wa air conditioning in room.

• Stayed: August 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Comfort Suites
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville
Comfort Inn At Carowinds
Comfort Inn At Carowinds
#3 of 10 in Fort Mill

Been to Best Western Plus Pineville-Charlotte South? Share your experiences!