“Best German Cuisine”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

This best German food my wife and I have ever eaten. Atmosphere is excellent as well as the service. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Bucknut63

Reviewed May 20, 2013

They served a buffet with spaetzle, pretzel rolls, and pork with mushroom sauce. For dessert they served black forest cake. Everything was delicious along with a pint of Guinness! We have gone there a couple of years in a row and it has been great each time.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am a transplant from Milwaukee WI to the Charlotte, NC area. we came across the Waldhorn and was delighted to find a place where I can have Rouladens....with pickle and bacon and all...Fantastic Red Cabbage and Spatzel.....my hubby loves the wurst plate...fabulous knock wurst...You cannot miss this place if you love German Food! he servers are all great, you are treated like family when you are there!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Couldn't guarantee reservations even though we had a party of only four. Once we got there, service was no better than average and we were not impressed by the food. It was just average based on our experiences at other German restaurants. Would not recommend this place to friends.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I ordered the Schweizer Schnitzel which is breaded pork stuffed with Black Forest ham and Swiss cheese. It was served with Spätzle and Red cabbage. Since I was splurging I went ahead and ordered an appetizer of the german beef stew, and then topped it off with apple strudel.

The place was packed and it was really noisy in there. I could barely hear the conversation at my table. I only mention this because I prefer more quieter places, but would still recommend this restaurant to others. There was a fellow walking around playing the accordian and wearing the shorts and suspenders like the Germans do which I thought was really fun.

I thought the pork was a bit dry and the Spatzel was very bland and tasteless and didn't eat all of it. The beef stew and strudel were very good, so was the red cabbage. I also ordered 1 glass of wine and just for myself the bill was almost $45.00 (which includes the dry pork and tasteless spatzel). However I do look forward to giving this restaurant another try and sample some of the other German dishes. I also would like to try their Sunday buffet sometime.