“Good value”

El Veracruz Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 68 Restaurants in Pineville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Description: Hours: 10 am to 10 pm mon-thurs 10 am to 11 pm fri 10 am to 02:30 am saturdays 10 am to 10 pm sunday
Herndon, Virginia
“Good value”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Had dinner on a recent Friday night. Appetizers and main course was good. However, we weren't too happy with their specialty margarita or desserts.

• Visited July 2013

“still love it”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Stop by and try it! Pretty authentic and prices are good. The staff is super friendly and the daily specials rock.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Heather L
fletcher
“Great value and plenty of food...some free”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I love it when you sit down at a authentic restaurant and they immediately bring you out freshly baked chips and a variety of fresh made salsa. That tells you that the main course can only be better and it was. I had enchiladas and tamales and they were huge and very good and seasoned just right. The family that runs this are from Mexico and they really know how not to be anything k=like the Mex-American joints that get there food in from the main commissary. A real authentic dining experience. Great

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank steve p
“some of the best mexican around”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We love this place! It is our consistent Friday night dinner spot. The food is always delicious and usually pretty quick. All of the wait staff is friendly and helpful. Many big groups try this place, so it can get loud. The prices are super reasonable. Between ua and our firends, we have tried most dishes and have not been disappointed. Worth a try.

1 Thank Heather L
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Hiddem little gem...”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

located among the shops behind Talbot's.

Thanks to Shawn W. for his review elsewhere that prompted me to try El Veracruz for the FIRST time to celebrate my birthday! He's from SanDiego, been here for about 5 years & goes to El Veracruz about once a week. So glad I listened to him on this one!

AMAZING experience... nice restaurant, friendly staff, and THE FOOD! Read the menu, folks... where is the last Mexican restaurant you were at with a menu like this? I cannot think of ANY that offer SIX STEAK choices... all seemingly delicious possibilities... and offered under $20! Or burritos... described so temptingly that one becomes unforgettable before ever having it!

We went with another couple and I passed on any steak choice because I had a steak just Tuesday night out with other friends. I had that unforgettable burrito I saw on the online menu. So did two of the others in our party. I have not named which burrito because my tempting unforgettable burro might not be the same as yours. Pull up the menu and check them out! I told our server that I'd be back soon for that steak... my first steak choice there will be the El Veracruz (what else?). Is it even possible that this Mexican restaurant could become my STEAKHOUSE of choice in Charlotte? Boggles the mind to think it possible, but I do enjoy a good steak, and I do enjoy great Mexican and Tex-Mex food. No doubts for me, food at El Veracruz is great... can hardly wait to go back to try a steak!

"Stay thirsty my friends"... Dos Equis bottle & ON TAP... many good beers around but doggone, I tend to love the dark beers from the early days exploring Deutsch dark beers and then now... a smooth delicious Mexican dark beer! What a complement to my excellent meal.

• Visited February 2013