“Great Place!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Sweet Tea's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Warrenville, Illinois
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

My second visit to Sweet Tea's. I had a lrage salad which was excellent. Last trip had a nice dinner with wonderful mac n cheese side. The desert menu is the best. Service was very good, friendly owner.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Donna J

Florence, Kentucky
“Yum!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Came here with two friends for lunch and it was so delicious I brought my family here the next night for dinner!! Service is great, location is convenient and the food is amazing. Highly recommend!

• Visited October 2013
Ft. Mill
“Good place to have lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

The restaurant is cute. It has a pleasant atmosphere. Service was good.

It has a large menu.

The food is just okay. I had a salad. Seemed like bag greens. Their were two sugar cubes in my salad that were supposed to be pecans.

The bread for the sandwiches seemed greasy.

• Visited September 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Party of 10 adults had a great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

All ten of us enjoyed our dining experience. First time for us all. Great food; good value; friendly, fast service! We ordered three appetizers and just about every entre on the menu. Everything was fabulous! Everyone raved about their food. I ordered the burger stuffed with bacon and blue cheese. Yum! My husband ate chicken and waffles...his first experience with that Southern dish. He loved it! For the large amount of delicious food you get, the prices are very reasonable. Since it was my birthday, my husband paid the whole check, and it was surprisingly low, Not open on Sundays. We will be back!

• Visited September 2013
“A definite success for Restaurant Impossible!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My daughter and I decided to drive 2 hours to try this restaurant for lunch because we'd seen it on Restaurant Impossible. It was definitely worth the trip, and we would do it again. We give it a B+.

The food tasted great and the decor is fantastic! We got the fried green tomatoes for an appetizer. My daughter doesn't usually like tomatoes, but she REALLY liked these, so that says a lot. I got the shrimp & grits, she got the smoke brisket sandwich with mashed potatoes. both were extremely tasty, but the portions are HUGE! We each brought half our meals home so we could get dessert. I would have gladly paid $2-3 less for smaller portions. We got the fried Oreos for dessert--they tasted GREAT--melt in your mouth Oreo goodness, not too much batter, so you can definitely taste the Oreos. They come with ice cream with chocolate sauce. Definitely indulgent. Sweet tea comes with lunch, they have many fruit flavors. My daughter got the peach, I got the pomogranate, followed by mango. I thought the mango flavor was the best. They have free refills on tea. Our waitress was nice. They have gluten free and dairy free options for those who are concerned about that. The table next to us was concerned, and their waitress was knowledgeable and able to offer the rosemary chicken as an option to address all of their concerns.

This restaurant was still difficult to find, relying solely on GPS. it's in a very convenient location, right off the exit from I-485. But you can't see the shopping complex from the main road (which is the address), so we ended up circling around a couple of times before we found it. now that we know exactly how to get there, we won't need to circle.

Some recommendations I would make for improvement: 1. Offer an option of smaller portions for a lower price. 2. Put the ice cream in a dish, or do something to separate it from the fried Oreos, because when the ice cream melts, the batter on the Oreos gets soggy. 3. Get a sign or something next to the main road that says "turn here." 4. Get a full-time bus person--our table needed wiping down, which our waitress did before we sat, but there were 2 other tables nearby that it took a good 1/2 hour before they were cleared and cleaned. 5. Make sure you don't run out of stuff. My daughter wanted the salmon burger originally, but they had just run out (and Reuben sandwiches, which didn't matter to us). My daughter remembered that the owner ran next door to the grocery store to buy stuff they ran out of, and remarked that she should have gone there to get more salmon. 6. There was a little excess grease on my shrimp & grits, not enough to turn me off from eating it. It's just with the bacon and the cheese, it can add up quickly, so I recommend some extra draining or blotting or something before plating the food.

• Visited August 2013