“Excellent!”

Dining options: Reservations
Albemarle, North Carolina
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our experience at Sweet Tea's was one of the BEST restaurant experiences I have ever had-anywhere! Service was awesome-our waiter could not do enough for us! Our food was PERFECT! I had the chicken and waffles and was very impressed when I asked for plain butter on it instead of Tabasco butter and it was brought to me and also sugar free syrup instead of the cane syrup, so they will make changes according to your dietary restrictions and requests.
One of my daughters had the steak and it was so tender she cut it with a butter knife! My other daughter and son-in-law had the rosemary chicken-all of us who had the chicken found it to be so tasty, tender and juicy-delicious! Dana (Owner) stopped to talk to us several times and we enjoyed that! Although it is a moderate drive for us to get there, we will go back-often! It is definitely worth it!

• Visited May 2013

Charlotte
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Impressed”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I went to Sweet Tea’s today for dinner. We were anxious to go here after seeing it on Restaurant Impossible. We got seated right away. I ordered the salmon cakes with fries and mac and cheese. My wife had the fried chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. She tried the peach flavored tea mixed with unsweet tea (1/4 peach, ¾ unsweet per the waitress’s recommendation). We both enjoyed the food very much. The salmon cakes were a little overcooked, but had good flavor. The fried chicken was hot, crispy, and delicious. The best thing was the gravy. Everything was homemade. We would definitely go back. The only thing I did not like about this place was no free refills on sodas.

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Refused service”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We won't go back. My wife and I showed up at 7:50. Apparently they close at 8. I would be more understanding if the place was empty but there were 4-5 other tables that were seated. We wanted to give the place a try after seeing them struggle on televisions restaurant impossible. It seems they must be doing fine to be turning away customers. If you want to close at 7:45, then post your closing at 7:45.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank mnmills
Charlotte, NC
“Just O.K.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I couldn't wait to try out the food after watching restaurant impossible and most of the experience lived up to the hype. Unfortunately my chicken was undercooked. I don't mind that too much if it's a steak but not chicken. Otherwise fried tomatoes and the shrimp with grits were tasty.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank CharTune
Holladay, Utah
“Great experience!! Great food!!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Didn't realize they closed at 8:00 pm and showed up with 15 people 20 minutes before closing.
Being in town from Utah we were expecting to be turned away, They were full but told us they would seat us in 20 mins ( at closing). They never rushed us gave us extremely good service and the food was great. I had the meatloaf and was very happy with my choice. Wifey had shrimp and grits and enjoyed it very much, I gave it a try and liked as well.
Daughter tried the chicken pot pie also delicious, son had the rosemary chicken and ate every bite.
The fried green tomatoes were delicious and had a nice twist. I really liked the sweet tea and the cornbread was a surprise. I'll be returning before leaving for home to try the country fried chicken.
One of the friendliest and best service I've had ever!

• Visited April 2013