“An enjoyable out skirt hotel.”

Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Raleigh, North Carolina
“An enjoyable out skirt hotel.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently, I have stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton in Pineville twice and enjoyed my stays both times. For starters, this is a much better property than the other Four Points in Charlotte, but Pineville is a good drive away from uptown or the airport (20-25 minutes depending on traffic for both). The hotel itself is located by a lot of restaurants / stores and is across the street from a good size mall - nothing spectacular shopping, but most of the basic stores you would normally find at any mall.

I booked multiple stays at starpicks.com for $59 a night, which is a great deal for the hotel and achieving more stays for the loyalty program for less money. It is clean, has a nice staff (front desk and buffet area) and large size rooms that come with a couch / living area. The bed is comfortable, but only two pillows out of the 5 total are used for sleeping and one of which I had sunk all the way to the bed it seemed like. The showers both times I stayed here were nice and hot so no problems there for me.

You can order room service to your room or go downstairs for a $5 buffet. I know some people are used to free meals at other hotels in this range, but I didn't mind paying the $5 and having some social interaction with the staff who kindly bring you drinks and take care of you. No different price than going to a McDonald's one morning but you get multiple plates and a lot of variety.

The only thing that I think needs improvement (as least compared to other Four Points properties) is the fitness room offering. Not a deal breaker at all for me staying here, but I am used to the free weight and other offerings and there is only 3 or so cardio machines here and that is it.

All in all, an enjoyable Starwood hotel. 5 minute drive off of 485/77 crossover and you can see the roller coaster of Carowinds from the highway exit.

Room Tip: Top floor (5th floor) is the SPG floor. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Tammy H, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hi IamDoug - we wanted to take a minute of your time and say THANK YOU for your kind review on TripAdvisor about your stays with our hotel, Four Points by Sheraton Pineville. We appreciate your feedback about our establishment and the kind words as well. We also wanted to thank you for being an SPG member with Starwood hotels and hope that you are getting to enjoy your privileges that go along with being an SPG member.We certainly hope that you return to our hotel when in the area again and please come by the front desk so that we can personally say THANK YOU!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Four Points this past weekend and must say that is one of the most affordable, luxury hotels I've stayed in over the past 10 years of traveling. The lobby is gorgeous, and the staff are very pleasant. I was able to check in an hour early, which means they're cleaning personnel are on top of their stuff. The room was amazing, fridge, microwave, sink, two queen beds and huge flat screen tv. Did I mention the room passed my "Germaphobe" inspection?! Spotless!The bathroom was heaven for my brother whom had driven 10 hours straight to get there. Large tub, he was able to soak in it and he's 6"1. Very beautiful place and it's loacted adjacent and across the street from shopping plazas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tammy H, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hi Michelle - Thank you for choosing to stay with the Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte Pineville and THANK YOU for your kind words about not only our hotel but our staff as well. While it means a great deal to us that you enjoyed our hotel it means so much more the praise that you have given our staff. Our housekeeping team works very hard to make sure that not only your room is spotless but our entire facility. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our establishment and I want to let you know that I shared your thoughts and opinions with the staff and they were smiles all day! We certainly hope that you will stay with us again when in town and again - THANK YOU!
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had a great stay this weekend at the Four Points by Sheraton hotel located just outside of Charlotte. The staff members were all very pleasant. The room was spacious, with two beds and a small sitting area with a couch, coffee table, and desk. The beds were comfortable and the room was perfect for our relaxing weekend. We got the breakfast buffet ($5/person) and found it to be a good deal. The first day we drove to downtown Charlotte, which required $10 for parking. The next day we drove down an exit and hopped on the CATS train system, which was $4/adult for a roundtrip ticket. We found this to be a more convenient option, but either way, you'll need a vehicle if you stay this far out from downtown. We enjoyed the slower pace of this area, though, and had a great stay.

Room Tip: We were very happy on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi Christie - thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte Pineville in October to accommodate your lodging needs while in the area. We appreciate your kind words about our rooms, breakfast and staff! I wanted to let you know that next time you are in town, please inquire at the front desk about our shuttle service and providing the hours you were traveling to the downtown area, we would have gladly given you a complimentary ride to the Light Rail station. We like to think of ourselves as a little gem nestled away in the quite suburbs but with minutes of the hustle and bustle of uptown Charlotte. We hope we see you again in the future and again we thank you for your review, your time and your kind spoken words.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 20, 2012

OK, I'm in my hotel room now and not only can I clearly hear the ice machine down the hall but I can also clearly hear the man next door peeing as if he was in my bathroom! Have a couple of negatives to talk about. The bed. Sunken in the middle. My wife thought it was great because I kept rolling towards her in the middle of the night. Oh and the king bed had only two useable pillows on it (they had pillow covers) where the other two were the decorative kind that you don't exactly wash. Take your chances with those. And the TV was really DIM! They must program it for the energy saving mode as not to allow the LCD to use too much power. I complained to the front desk but she said it's a Saturday and maintenance had gone away for the night. I was going to complain about the continental breakfast for $5.00 THAT MOST OTHER HOTELS GIVE OUT FOR FREE, but why bother. This is a Motel 6 with a bar in the mini lobby. They have some tables set up next to the bar so they call this there restaurant. If you have to pay full price for this place - aroud $90 a night, then find another hotel to stay at in the Pineville area. I got a deal thru priceline but even at my reduced rate I found it a bad deal. Only stay hear if your partially blind (you don't watch TV at night and tone deaf (so you wont hear your neighbors).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ttrav35
Tammy H, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hi ttrav35 - please excuse the late response to your review. I want to say thank you for trying the Four Points by Sheraton Pineville to accommodate your lodging needs and we are truly disappointed that you were not satisfied with your stay at all. This is not typical of our establishment and I would welcome you back again for a night, on us of course, so that you can experience what we pride ourselves on: our hotel, our staff and of course our happy guest. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like me to set up a reservation for you, you can reach me via telephone 704-540-8500 or via email tammy.hayes@fourpointspineville.com - which ever is easiest for you. We hope to hear from you so that we can provide you the level of service you deserve. Thank you for your time.
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was the first time I had stayed at a Sheraton property. I did like the room - the beds were comfy - it was clean. I didn't have a remote for the TV but once I called the front desk, it was delivered in about 5 minutes :) ***One suggestion to the hotel - I REALLY wish you had a guide channel on the TV :( By the time I flipped through everything to see what was on, I had missed 1/2 the show! - yes, I could have looked it up online, but after working 14hrs that day, I really just needed an 'easy button' LOL****
No free breakfast :( albeit the small buffet bar was only $5+ when I only wanted a yogurt, banana & coffee it was charged at individual prices at $4+ :( - the waiter told me that for another $.60 (approx) I could get unlimited buffet items but I just paid the $4+ for what I had. **make your breakfast free** Yes, we expect it, but I really would have preferred to eat what I wanted & then tipped the wonderful breakfast staff the $5 :)
There are NO places to eat (not even a gas station) within walking distance & since I had no car (the taxi's are a whole 'nother story!!! UGH) I was stuck ordering from room service or going to the very small eating area downstairs for dinner. Tired from a long day, I did the room service thing for an additional $2 charge. A hamburger / fries / brownie came up to a whopping $17+ and then add in the tip....YIKES! There was no info in the room on ordering delivery items from local places (I am guessing to make you order in-house) again, I could have looked online but again...'easy button' needed. I do have to mention...thank you for the free bottle of water!! I was dying of thirst when I got to my room & half expected to see the normal $27 bottle of water taunting me from the table...but, alas, it was FREE!! WOW!
All-in-all, this is a very nice hotel with a fantastic staff - I probably won't stay there on my return trip in a week or so :(
BTW The cab from the airport 14miles away was $47 OUCH! and then another $30 to get to the office I was working at while there.....rent a car...jus sayin....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hi Magzilla - first I apologize on the delay in responding to your post, this was unacceptable and I apologize. I wanted to address some of your mentioned concerns; you mention the breakfast buffet should be free of charge as it is expected and please know that we have taken this suggestion to our corporate office and they are currently looking into this matter. We appreciate you ordering our room service and hope that you enjoyed the food. We do not have any info on delivery items from local places as we like to promote our grill, "Spinners Bar and Grill" but I can understand your concern.I wanted to mention that we do have a shuttle that would have been more than happy to take you to a nearby restaurant (you mentioned having no car) at no cost to you as well as provided you complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. You mention that you will not be returning to our establishment, we hate to hear this and would welcome the opportunity to accommodate your lodging needs again. Please feel free to contact us directly at 704-540-8500 or via email if you wish tammy.hayes@fourpointspineville.com so that can address your concerns or answer any questions you may have. Thank you for your time - we look forward to hearing back from you and we hope to see you soon!
Reviewed September 25, 2012

GREAT Service. Very clean hotel! Was very impressed with the professional staff. The breakfast was super. Overall this hotel is great for overnight travel as well as extended stay.
Please Management - start approving time for your employees during football season.!!!!!!!! GO TIGERS!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank lorihelms
Tammy H, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hi lorihelms - Thank you for your kind words about our staff and our service!! We will definately share these words with the staff and we welcome you back whenever in our area and hopefully for more than one night. As far as the time off for football, by Go Tigers I can only assume you are referring to Clemson (and Aaron, our staff member) and I must offer you a congradulations on the big win in the recent Chick-fil-A bowl in which Clemson recently won against LSU. And yes, we will work on approving that time off!! (SMILE). Again thnak you for your time and your review about us.
Sandusky, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel kind of disappointed me. We made a reservation through priceline.com. We called and requested two double beds. We were told this should be no problem. When we arrived, we were told we were in a room with a king bed and pullout sofa. There were 4 of us. The pullout sofa was not at all comfortable. The free water bottle was a nice touch, considering most hotels that put bottled water in the room charge you a ridiculous amount for it. The pool area was also very nice. For the most part, the hotel was okay. However, my biggest issue with this hotel was at breakfast. I thought since there was an upcharge, the quality of the breakfast would be good. We all came downstairs for breakfast at about 9:30 am. There was hardly anything left even though breakfast should last until 10 am. When we asked if more was coming out, the person we asked was kind of rude in telling us that more food was on its way. The food that was brought out was of a poor quality. There was also no milk or juice and very limited seating. Three of the four of us decided to pass on breakfast. For my 12 year old cousin who decided to eat breakfast, he took only a bite of each thing before realizing it was gross. The eggs were fake, the sausage was cold, the pastries were stale, and he was never able to find a drink. After taking about 2-3 bites, we went back up to our room in digust. When we told them we weren't going to pay for such a crappy breakfast, the waiter attempted to charge our room for it. We had to complain to the front desk to avoid getting charged for something we didn't eat. The entire situation at breakfast left a bad taste in our mouths when it comes to Four Points by Sheraton. This level of breakfast should either be free (like it is at 95% of hotels that offer this low quality breakfast), or it should be of a higher quality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear aaronf1991 - First I would like to say Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton to accommodate your lodging needs and secondly I would like to offer my apology on behalf of the hotel and the staff. I have read your review and it is simply unacceptable. Please know that your feedback is of value to us and I will address these issues with the staff. You are correct in stating that breakfaast should be out until 10am and it should be fresh, appealing and of great quality. I am not sure what happened on the day you stayed - this will be looked into - however I dont want this to leave a bad impression on you and I invite you and your family to come have breakfast on me. I understand if you are leary of staying with us especially since your request were not honorred but if you find yourself in our area again, please give me a call as I invite you to come try us again. This is not standard for our hotel and I would like for you to experience the value we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your time and I do look forward to hearing from you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
#44 of 177 in Charlotte

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville? Share your experiences!