“Nice hotel - great, friendly staff - nothing within walking distance”

Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was the first time I had stayed at a Sheraton property. I did like the room - the beds were comfy - it was clean. I didn't have a remote for the TV but once I called the front desk, it was delivered in about 5 minutes :) ***One suggestion to the hotel - I REALLY wish you had a guide channel on the TV :( By the time I flipped through everything to see what was on, I had missed 1/2 the show! - yes, I could have looked it up online, but after working 14hrs that day, I really just needed an 'easy button' LOL****
No free breakfast :( albeit the small buffet bar was only $5+ when I only wanted a yogurt, banana & coffee it was charged at individual prices at $4+ :( - the waiter told me that for another $.60 (approx) I could get unlimited buffet items but I just paid the $4+ for what I had. **make your breakfast free** Yes, we expect it, but I really would have preferred to eat what I wanted & then tipped the wonderful breakfast staff the $5 :)
There are NO places to eat (not even a gas station) within walking distance & since I had no car (the taxi's are a whole 'nother story!!! UGH) I was stuck ordering from room service or going to the very small eating area downstairs for dinner. Tired from a long day, I did the room service thing for an additional $2 charge. A hamburger / fries / brownie came up to a whopping $17+ and then add in the tip....YIKES! There was no info in the room on ordering delivery items from local places (I am guessing to make you order in-house) again, I could have looked online but again...'easy button' needed. I do have to mention...thank you for the free bottle of water!! I was dying of thirst when I got to my room & half expected to see the normal $27 bottle of water taunting me from the table...but, alas, it was FREE!! WOW!
All-in-all, this is a very nice hotel with a fantastic staff - I probably won't stay there on my return trip in a week or so :(
BTW The cab from the airport 14miles away was $47 OUCH! and then another $30 to get to the office I was working at while there.....rent a car...jus sayin....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Tammy H, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Hi Magzilla - first I apologize on the delay in responding to your post, this was unacceptable and I apologize. I wanted to address some of your mentioned concerns; you mention the breakfast buffet should be free of charge as it is expected and please know that we have taken this suggestion to our corporate office and they are currently looking into this matter. We appreciate you ordering our room service and hope that you enjoyed the food. We do not have any info on delivery items from local places as we like to promote our grill, "Spinners Bar and Grill" but I can understand your concern.I wanted to mention that we do have a shuttle that would have been more than happy to take you to a nearby restaurant (you mentioned having no car) at no cost to you as well as provided you complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. You mention that you will not be returning to our establishment, we hate to hear this and would welcome the opportunity to accommodate your lodging needs again. Please feel free to contact us directly at 704-540-8500 or via email if you wish tammy.hayes@fourpointspineville.com so that can address your concerns or answer any questions you may have. Thank you for your time - we look forward to hearing back from you and we hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville

Reviewed September 25, 2012

GREAT Service. Very clean hotel! Was very impressed with the professional staff. The breakfast was super. Overall this hotel is great for overnight travel as well as extended stay.
Please Management - start approving time for your employees during football season.!!!!!!!! GO TIGERS!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank lorihelms
Tammy H, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Hi lorihelms - Thank you for your kind words about our staff and our service!! We will definately share these words with the staff and we welcome you back whenever in our area and hopefully for more than one night. As far as the time off for football, by Go Tigers I can only assume you are referring to Clemson (and Aaron, our staff member) and I must offer you a congradulations on the big win in the recent Chick-fil-A bowl in which Clemson recently won against LSU. And yes, we will work on approving that time off!! (SMILE). Again thnak you for your time and your review about us.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel kind of disappointed me. We made a reservation through priceline.com. We called and requested two double beds. We were told this should be no problem. When we arrived, we were told we were in a room with a king bed and pullout sofa. There were 4 of us. The pullout sofa was not at all comfortable. The free water bottle was a nice touch, considering most hotels that put bottled water in the room charge you a ridiculous amount for it. The pool area was also very nice. For the most part, the hotel was okay. However, my biggest issue with this hotel was at breakfast. I thought since there was an upcharge, the quality of the breakfast would be good. We all came downstairs for breakfast at about 9:30 am. There was hardly anything left even though breakfast should last until 10 am. When we asked if more was coming out, the person we asked was kind of rude in telling us that more food was on its way. The food that was brought out was of a poor quality. There was also no milk or juice and very limited seating. Three of the four of us decided to pass on breakfast. For my 12 year old cousin who decided to eat breakfast, he took only a bite of each thing before realizing it was gross. The eggs were fake, the sausage was cold, the pastries were stale, and he was never able to find a drink. After taking about 2-3 bites, we went back up to our room in digust. When we told them we weren't going to pay for such a crappy breakfast, the waiter attempted to charge our room for it. We had to complain to the front desk to avoid getting charged for something we didn't eat. The entire situation at breakfast left a bad taste in our mouths when it comes to Four Points by Sheraton. This level of breakfast should either be free (like it is at 95% of hotels that offer this low quality breakfast), or it should be of a higher quality.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear aaronf1991 - First I would like to say Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton to accommodate your lodging needs and secondly I would like to offer my apology on behalf of the hotel and the staff. I have read your review and it is simply unacceptable. Please know that your feedback is of value to us and I will address these issues with the staff. You are correct in stating that breakfaast should be out until 10am and it should be fresh, appealing and of great quality. I am not sure what happened on the day you stayed - this will be looked into - however I dont want this to leave a bad impression on you and I invite you and your family to come have breakfast on me. I understand if you are leary of staying with us especially since your request were not honorred but if you find yourself in our area again, please give me a call as I invite you to come try us again. This is not standard for our hotel and I would like for you to experience the value we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your time and I do look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was there this past weekend for business and fun. The staff was friendly and warm. Also, the location is perfect and close to a nice selection of restaurants and retail stores. I was pleasantly suprised with the size of the room and the comtemporary decor. The room includes a mini fridge and microwave, The bathroom was basic, simple and clean and had a pretty decent amount of space. The products smelled very nice and were on display with labled descriptions. I enjoyed my stay and will return!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Hi phichk - Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton to accommodate your lodging needs while in our area. We appreciate your business and we appreciate YOU! I'm glad you enjoyed the room, it is standard that all our rooms have a couch, microwave, refrigerator, desk area and all the comforts of home. We strive to make each visit a pleasant one and we appreciate the feedback that we recieved from you. Please feel free to reach out to us with any additional comments, questions or any concerns you may have and we look forward to your return visit. Again thank you for your kind words and your time!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Luxury. Worst part is I only had one night. I swam, I had tea with cream, I slept deeply, I had nice shampoos, I had silence.

Friendly staff, breakfast looked good but I did not have time for it. appreciated having tea in the room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Hi The truth61 and Thank you for "finding us" and staying with us!! We greatly appreciate your kind words about our establishment and we appreciate the new business. We like to think of ourselves as your home away from home. While we are convient to all major businesses and highways, we are tucked away - out of the noise and hustle and bustle all around. We certainly look forward to seeing you again in the future and please stop by the front and ask for Tammy or Teresa as we would appreciate putting a face with these kind words. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you and we'll see you when you get "home'!!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Awesome Hotel!! Great Service and SAVE $$-only 2-3 miles from Corp ParkThe service was great--there were 3 of here and we normally stayed in the corp park at another SPG property BUT Man this is a hidden GEM!!! The area is better, close to anything you will need-- the ROOMS are BIGGER then a closet! The hotel has a shuttle that also runs to and from Airport!!! What a great find!!!! Will stay here from NOW on!! Its only a 2-3 min drive to the office in Ballantyne Park and I save about $200 per week which covers room and drinks!! PLUS I don't smell pets or see pet hair in the room like I have in the past stays near by at other SPG properties! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND CHECK THIS HOTEL OUT!!!! I will recommend to ALL friends and Employees!!

Room Tip: A great place to stay for a night or several! Very relaxed every morning and what a great room!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while on business and was very happy with our choice. I called before we came to get some info about transportation and was thrilled to hear that the hotel's shuttle could take us to our meeting. This NY'er isn't used to that!
Upon check-in, we were given a token for a free dessert. After a long day, that was greatly appreciated :)
The rooms were modern and comfortable. Restaurant staff was friendly and helpful. Shuttle driver gave us area info. Overall was a great choice for our travel needs.

• Stayed: August 2012
Tammy H, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Hi and Thank you for your kind words in your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you got to experience a little southern hospitality while you were here. It is always our pleasure to be able to make you feel relaxed and comfortable, after all our motto is, honest, uncomplicated and comfort! We hope that this New Yorker comes back and visits anytime!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
#43 of 178 in Charlotte

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville? Share your experiences!