“Newer property, conveniently located but away from noise and traffic.”

Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Newer property, conveniently located but away from noise and traffic.”
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Staff was courteous and friendly. My room was in excellent condition, unfortunately there was a giant floodlight outside my 1st floor window, the kind used to illuminate the exterior of the building...the blackout blinds worked perfectly. The property is located off HWY 51 and is within a short distance from Carolina Place Mall and several other shopping and dining destinations. It's within short walking distance of a strip mall with a Food Lion grocery store. Despite the convenient location, it's tucked away off the main street, so there are no issues with traffic or noise. In fact, the hotel borders on a wooded area and when I was there, you can hear many barking frogs at nighttime (only when you're outside). I enjoyed my stay a great deal. There was a pool that seemed to be open at least past 9PM and there are also complimentary laundry facilities (washer & dryer).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I love staying at Hilton Garden Inns because they have the most comfortable beds. The room was set up perfectly for a business traveler. I always like being greeted with fresh baked cookies upon check-in! The hotel is very close to a variety of restaurants and a mall. Service was great. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast spread was standard - but is not included in a room rate so you have to pay extra for standard continental breakfast.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
south carolina
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I was so impressed by the true Southern friendliness in which I was treated. The professional hotel staff cheerfully offered suggestions for where I could find a great meal nearby one night and supplied menus. They quickly came to my rescue when I popped a button off my clothes. They spoke to me everytime I entered the hotel and wished me a good day as I was leaving. The wait staff smiled often and promptly took care of refills and getting the check after two mornings in a row when I was presented with the juiciest, chock full of mushrooms-peppers-cheese and onions, vegetarian omelet I've ever tasted. I would certainly stay here again and am looking for a reason to go back! Thank you Hilton Garden Inn!

greenville sc
Reviewed September 23, 2009

This is my second stay at this Hotel for business. The first time my room had a strange smell. Thought I would give the hotel another chance. My bathroom floor tile was dirty with hairs on it. The carpet had two major stains that were dark in color. The most alarming issue was the mold i noticed on the heating and air unit! I will stay at the Hampton in next door. Will never atsy at this hotel again.

San Francisco
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Stayed 1 night for business purposes. Checked in, worked in the hotel room in the evening, slept, and checked out the next day. Good hotel for a business (not sure why else anyone would be in the Pineville area). Good desk set up in the room with an ergonomic chair and free high-speed. Comfortable bed with 2 different types of pillow – one is fluffy down and the other is a microfiber polyester pillow mimic down. The mattress is part of the Garden Sleep System which allows each guest to adjust the firmness on their side of the bed. Wish I read the room guide earlier in the evening – apparently there’s a Stay Fit Kit that we could bring to our room for a bit of working out in the room. It has a pool and a workout room so I could definitely see myself staying here longer (for business purposes) as there would be no excuse to not keep up with current fitness routine.

Company paid for the room so I’m not sure what the rate was. There is not a lot going on in the area. Definitely lots of restaurants and fast food within driving distances, such as Tony Roma, Chili, IHOP. Given that I was alone, I was hoping to find a grocery store (like Whole Foods or Safeway) for their hot bar but I found a bi-lo which was not what I was expecting.

The only thing holding this place back from a 5 star is that the common area looks like it is starting to age (emphasis on the starting to look age as everything is still clean, tidy, and organized). However, if the average price is $124, than for that rate, it could definitely be a 5 star.

I would stay here again.

phelps
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I would recommend this hotel to any one of my friends or colleagues. It was very clean and comfortable with amazing service. We ate at the resturant and had some drinks at the bar which was all very good. the hotel was really close to everything. I travel to Charlotte often and from now on this will be the only place I stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
TN
Reviewed May 1, 2009

I stayed here on business for one evening. The customer service was excellent. The front desk staff was able to assist with dinner recommendations and was also accommodating in other areas. I had trouble with the phone system on trying to get a wake up call. The staff was very apologetic, put me in for a wake up call, and then even called personally later to ensure I received the wake up call.
The rooms were a bit outdated in regard to the linens. And the bathtub and towel racks were older and needed some repairs and/or replacing. For one night, it was fine, especially with the level of customer service.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville
#6 of 6 in Pineville
Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte
Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte
#10 of 178 in Charlotte

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville? Share your experiences!