“Very enjoyable stay”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Wilmington NC
“Very enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Visited this hotel with my family for my son's lacrosse tournament. Arrived very early (1:30 AM) in the morning and had a very welcome greeting from the front desk. Room was very clean and spacious. Hotel offered a complementary hot breakfast buffet that had many choices, if you got there early enough. My only complaint was once food was exhausted, it was not replenished while we were still dining. Considering there were a few boys lacrosse teams staying, that was to be expected I guess.

Front desk/lobby area is under construction, so the hotel moved dining area to one of the conference rooms, but we were made aware of this prior to our stay. Staff said construction should be complete by end of November.

Overall, a very nice stay. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Stay on upper floors for quieter room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Milledgeville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My family and I were in town for a wedding. The hotel was great for us. We booked multiple rooms. They made sure to put us in rooms close to each other. The staff were extremely welcoming and very accommodating to our needs. Although their lobby was under construction, the rest of the hotel was fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Taylors, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

This place is under renovation so it wasn't at its best showing. It was confusing as to where to check in. The booth set up outside didn't have anyone there so I tried to go to the main entrance only to be sent back.

There was a baby shower going on and people were congregating around the on entrance smoking and talking loudly on cell phones- not a very favorable introduction.

The cookies weren't replenished.

The room was quiet, clean, and large. We were concerned since we were on the second floor just removed from the baby shower. Fortunately it turned out to be fairly quiet except the stair exit door clunking closed a couple of times and rooms doors.

There is no breakfast included here. For $5.95 you can get a continental breakfast.

We got this on Priceline for $60 plus service fees. This is presumably a three star hotel, for $1 more we could have gotten a 2-1/2 star with a breakfast. I'm not sure there's that much difference in half a star.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maelrarny
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

First it's under renovation. No lobby, makeshift restaurant. No ramp or cart access from parking lot. Smell of mildew all over. Hall carpets need to be changed. Missed a wake up call. Needed extra towels and had to go down to get them because only one person on duty. Rooms okay but that smell.

• Stayed October 2012
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Wow, I have not seen customer service like this in a while! It was great to stay here! Traveling as often as I do, I see a lot of the same thing, and don't get many reasons to write a review. But the people that work at the Hilton Garden Inn in Charlotte Pineville really want you to be comfortable when you stay here. The shuttle driver stopped for me at Starbuck's on my way to the office. He remembered me on the days I didn't need a ride, and the things we talked about...it was a pleasant, unexpected start to my mornings. Kevin at the front desk went the extra mile more than once, and always with a smile. The bartender was so attentive, even though I sat out on the patio the whole time, out of a convenient reach for her...always with a smile, which, after a long day, is sometimes all I need to see...I have stayed at several hotels in Charlotte, and i would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn Pineville to any business traveler needing a comfortable and friendly place to stay. Why not 5 stars? The wallpaper in my room was peeling...otherwise, the bed was comfortable, surroundings were quiet, temperature was well regulated (I have had terrible experiences in other hotels...no matter what temperature I put it on, it was always too hot or too cold...), shower was perfect...I have no complaints. I hope I have the ability to stay here every time I am in Charlotte for work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Woodstock, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had a couple of days of meetings with a key customer and while my wife enjoyed shopping nearby. The upcoming bar renovation will add to an already great lobby and give the staff a chance to treat their guest with even more attention. It was full while I was there, but I got a great rate, loved the pool and gym and slept very comfortably in an extremely fresh looking hotel. I think they must have been all redone based on these reviews that say it was dated because everything looked new to me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Gastonia, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

The staff was friendly, though they were conversing at the front desk about the issues that were going on among the staff. Went to the room and the decor was very dated. The room looked more like a motel than a Hilton brand hotel. My toddler did not even want to use the restroom because it had an odor. Did not notice that the room had spiders until the kids were already asleep. I never thought I would have to check a room for spiders, but sure enough they were in every corner of the ceiling and there were a couple that got on the bed. After my husband spoke with the staff at the front desk, we were given the option to get another room. So after checking 2 rooms that had spiders in them as well, he finally found one that did not. (He had to keep going back and forth from the front desk to the rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor after 1 am). We finally settled in (but still felt uncomfortable) after 2 am. When we went downstairs for the breakfast, we were extremely disappointed. I'm not sure if I can explain it well (should've taken a picture) but there was toast on the bottom of each tray as if it was used to catch grease from the food. The omelets were mediocre. From the past Hilton Garden Inns I have stayed in, I would rate the breakfast as poor. Awaiting my reimbursement since they have a guarantee policy. I was so disappointed though because I am such a huge fan of HGI but I will NEVER stay at the one in Pineville again!

Room Tip: Inspect your rooms for spiders and other insects if you do book a room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#6 of 6 in Pineville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville? Share your experiences!