“Friendly and convenient” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Quality Suites
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
North Carolina
“Friendly and convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2009

We called this place "home" for almost two months while we were out of our regular home because of a casualty. The staff was very friendly. The daily hot breakfast was a plus, and on some weekday evenings there is a social hour with heavy hors d'vours.
The location is convenient; it is in a shopping district and so there is a variety of restaurants nearby. We enjoyed watching the Fourth of July fireworks from our window.
Our suite had two fully separate rooms. The main room had a kitchen, and we used the cabinets and countertops as a sort of an office for our personal affairs. There was not a dishwasher, but it was very nice to have a full sized refrigerator and microwave. What is nice about having two rooms is that we were able to receive friends and family in the living room, which is not the bedroom. The bedroom had an ample sized regular closet. The bathroom is of a size and quality that would rival that of most homes. For an extended stay, the tiny bathrooms typical of most lodging just does not work well. This was fine.
The inn only has a limited number of these suites that have separate rooms. If you are traveling with children or have need of an extended stay, I suggest this upgrade.
My only regret is that the living room had a sleeper sofa, which is often the case in motel suites or in suite-type single room lodging. While they are a practical piece of furniture, sleeper sofas just do not seem to be as comfortable to sit and relax on as stationary sofas.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
lawrenceville,ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

I booked this hotel on the Choice Web site. I checked in late, after a delayed flight ( 10:45) and got the exact room I asked for. My room was clean and comfortable.
The room was very up to date. A bit small for a suite but perfect for one person.
The other guests were loud in the hallway until 11:30, my first night and 1:15 a.m. the second night. I called the front desk to complain several times and they did eventually send someone up. There were sports teams running down the hallway and adults swearing and arguing. What was up with that?
The location is easy to find...about 15 minutes from the Charlotte airport.
There are lots of restaurants close by and a mall that is about a mile away.
The front desk personnel were very pleasant.
A shame that other guests had NO manners whatsoever and made for a difficult night's rest. This is really a gamble and not the fault of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Mooresboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2008

Ive got to say for 99 dollars this is one of the best rooms ive stayed inn. the rooms are great the staff was super the breakfast was very good. the only problem i had was the doors to the rooms you have to close hard and they are noisy. and people dont think about that at 5am. other wise i give it 4.5 stars. and id have no proble staying again or reckamending to anyone.

• Liked — the staff and rooms
  • Disliked — loud doors
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank samw1414
Willoughby, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2008

Initially there was no one at the front desk, so I had to call out "hello" several times to check in. The clerk agreed we could use a walk-in discount coupon for a king room, smoking. After we called to cancel a reservation at another hotel, she said she only had a queen smoking left. Then we asked about a room with 2 queens at the same rate, and she said yes -- but changed the rate higher without asking us. We straightened out the rate with a different front desk clerk the next day. The room was very comfortable, so it was a good value with a very nice hot breakfast (eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles, tropical fruit mix, etc), but don't believe the advertising about heated indoor pool -- I couldn't use it because it was so cold! The other negative was a dirty carpet. A checkout I showed the clerk a baggie with my dirty slippers, so she made a note that the carpet really needs to be shampooed.

• Liked — microwave & fridge
  • Disliked — poor service at check-in
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
qualitysuitespinevil, Webmaster at Quality Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Suites At Carolina Place Mall for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found your room to be very comfortable and a good value, that is always nice to hear. I am also glad to know you enjoyed your breakfast.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review the following actions were taken:

1) The registration system was looked into to find a way to make it easier for the staff to be sure what rooms are available.

2) Maintenance was contacted to make sure that the carpet in the room which was assigned to you was shampooed.

3) Maintenance was contacted about maintaining a comfortable temperature in the indoor heated pool.

4) The breakfast staff was notified about the nice compliment paid to them and the breakfasts they supply.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Suites At Carolina Place Mall. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Cary, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2008

I guess if you put in a microwave and refrigerator and a sink you can call it a suite. It had a bed, the usual dresser with TV on it, a desk and a desk chair. No sofa, no armchair and a miniscule closet that you could barely get to with the nightstand blocking it. The room I had was with a queen bed. The room itself was very small, because the "hallway" to it had to be long enough to allow for the elevator shaft which it adjoined. I had made reservations in advance on the internet and specifically requested a room "away from the elevator and ice machine". Apparently, they do not read those comments. So, where do they put me, in the one room on the floor that actually adjoins the elevator shaft! The hotel was not even close to full, so there were other rooms. I'm sure since I was getting a discounted state employee rate, they felt they could throw me in the room that nobody else wanted. After lugging all my belongings to the room I just stayed there. Later that evening I find out that I have a flood light which glares into my window all night long. Again, I just rode it out since it is a major hassle to pack up your stuff and move to another room. The elevator smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke and the whole hotel is rather musty smelling. I was supposed to stay four nights, I checked out after one and moved to the Comfort Suites on the other side of Charlotte, much nicer and a smoke free hotel.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Rochester, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2007

On a recent trip to attend the NASCAR race at Lowe's Motor Speedway, we stayed at the Quality Suites hotel in Pineville, NC. The hotel is located at 9840 Pineville Matthews Rd., telephone 704-889-7095.

We had made prior reservations directly through the Quality Suites website and were given a nightly rate of $79 per night. We had a reservation for two rooms. Upon our arrival, when all other rooms in the area were booked, we were told that the rate for two of the three nights would be increased to $119 per night. We were subsequently charged the $119 rate on our credit card, without our approval. We have contacted the general manager, and after many attempts, were sent a letter stating that they would provide "50% discount off your next stay with us, subject to availability." We may never stay at that hotel again, getting no relief for their overcharge. In New York state, this tactic is known as bait and switch and is illegal. Since the hotel is unwilling to make an adjustment I will be protesting the charge through the credit card provider. I do not know what the legal implications of this type of activity would be in North Carolina, but I cannot imagine that this should be allowed.

Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2007

The staff was incredibly friendly and even helped me carry my bags to my room. The breakfast had a lot of things to chose from, even the pickiest eater would find something enjoyable. The rooms were not 100% clean, but were better than many I have stayed in. Overall, it was a great experience and I would stay there again.

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — The cleanliness of the room
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 6 in Pineville
Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Pineville - Park Rd.

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!