“Well I wouldn't really know....THIEFS!!!!!”

SpringHill Suites Pinehurst Southern Pines
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Pinehurst
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Well I wouldn't really know....THIEFS!!!!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I booked a room originally for two nights through expedia. I had to cancel for the first night due to a change in plans. I called the hotel directly, specifically asked if I needed anything (different confirmation number etc..) The desk clerk told me "no everything was all set and you are set for Saturday only" I was in town for a concert and knew I had to either check in early or check in very late. I called the hotel that Friday to see about early/late check in policy. I was told since I had paid ahead of time I could check in as late as I wanted..my room was held for late check in ...SINCE I ALREADY PAID! 1:30AM exhausted and ready to crash...I go to check in and get a strange look from the desk clerk like I am an alien from space. We don't have any rooms left ma'am. Oh, well I have a reservation, I say. NO, you were a "no show" last night and room isn't available tonight. WTF!!! Because THEY don't have record of me cancelling Friday they will keep all my money...not to mention that has NOTHING to do with them not having my room available for SATURDAY. Do they care that they gave my room away that I already paid for and had to drive home 3 hours completely exhausted since every hotel was booked from there to China.... not one bit.... I have been chasing the manager trying to get my refund that I am clearly owed. I have proof of the cancellation phone call for Friday and a bank statement showing charges for the entire weekend....Plus if they don't think I called to cancel for Friday night then why on earth is my room not available for Saturday???? It is now day three of this headache and I am about to take legal action if I don't get my money back for NEVER staying there and following normal protocol.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank KortneyD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Hotel was undergoing a upgrade during my stay....from my point of view it could have been managed better..aside from that i am sure the hotel is fine

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Jimz12345
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 27, 2012

This is the third time, including ten days this past December, that I have stayed at this Springhill Suites while visiting friends in the Sandhills for equestrian activities and it is a terrific value. It is conveniently located, dog-friendly (and the rooms for dogs are at the end of a corridor with a convenient exit for walking), very clean and comfortable. Each suite offers a small refrigerator, microwave, sink in a minikitchen, a nice sitting area, and comfortable beds. Although it is situated on a busy highway, I find it to be very quiet and we always sleep well. There is a piney woods for walking the dog. Breakfast includes waffles, eggs and good coffee as well as muffins. They are just now finishing up a complete renovation so the whole place looks brandnew. The staff is very gracious and helpful. All in all, a very nice base for visiting the Sandhills of NC.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KayS_10
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Spent an evening in the Suites and glad they are open. Great location for golfing. Reasonably priced and under (nearing completion) of a major renovation. Management cares and personnel on their "A Game!"

Complimentary breakfast standard but the coffee is delicious . . .complements to the brew master.

Rooms clean and neat . . . new beds and mattresses and great pillows. Microwave and min-fridge a lovely touch.

Room Tip: Suggest and Upper room . . then you can watch for wildlife roaming through the pines! Squirrels...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Stayed at the Springhill for 3 nights this week. Entire lobby and breakfast area under construction. Breakfast was held in a small room that was always crowded so went to Starbucks every morning. One of our rooms had a leak which they gave credit on and a wake up call was forgotten. Rooms typical for a Spring Hill. Fitness center had 2 treadmills and one bike. Fine for me but they did offer the Golds Gym for free. Location good as was parking. Once the renovation is done I am sure this hotel will earn an extra star.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Nailcutter
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed here in Oct. for a family golf outing. Brother, nephews and son-in-law.
Have never stayed in a Springhill Suites before. Was very suprised by the amenities and size of the rooms. Each room had 2 flat screen tv's, 2 King beds, a desk and kitchenete.
A buffet breakfast was also included but was not vert tasteful. Rubber eggs.
Staff was very friendly, helpfull. Directed us to a great Pub for adult beverages and dinner.
Will stay there again this year if possible.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
davidson, nc
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Have to finally speak up and hope someone within Marriott leadership is reading these reviews. We stay at this Springhill Suites hotel in Pinehurst several times a year. Must agree with the recent reviews that this hotel is dirty, the worst Springhill we have ever stayed in, and is in a state of serious decline. (If it is on the standard 7 year cycle of upgrades.....scary that no upgrades to this property until approx. 2014?!)
The staff remains friendly, but the hotel needs major upgrades. It does smell, the rooms are often dirty. Marriott should take action and finally clean-up this hotel which is usually very busy with the many golf tournaments, golf outings. Is the demand such that Marriott doesn't have to clean up this place?
Our air-conditioning unit didn't work during our last stay. Staying at the nicer Residence Inn down the street means about $30 or $40. more per night. I am amazed that Marriott allows for this sub-par hotel to remain just that: sub-par.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank tarheelborns
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pinehurst
Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village (near Pinehurst)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#5 of 7 in Pinehurst
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Southern Pines Aberdeen
Hampton Inn & Suites Southern Pines-Pinehurst
Residence Inn Pinehurst Southern Pines

Been to SpringHill Suites Pinehurst Southern Pines? Share your experiences!