“Not As Good As It Once Was”

Elliott's on Linden
Reserve with OpenTable
Elliott's on Linden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 55 Restaurants in Pinehurst
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HWY 5
Description: Elliotts On Linden is a fine yet casual dining restaurant with a gourmet, farm to table philosophy. Perfect for romantic evenings, special occasions, and business meetings, Elliotts provides a relaxing yet elegant atmosphere. The casual side of Elliotts, The Roost, offers a full bar and dining menu. We're a favorite among the locals. Come check us out.
Reviewed April 28, 2010

My golf group went to dinner @ Elliott's on Linden on April 20, 2010. There were ten of us. I have been to Elliott's on two previous ocassions. This time was different - Elliott's simply was not up to par. The service was adequate - long periods of time with no server in site. It took a long time to get drinks and food. I really was looking forward to going to Elliott's - it had been a highlight of our trip the two previous visits. My salmon was - in a word - not good. I guess that's two words. It was very fishy and simply was nothing special. Since I am the group leader - I don't like to disappoint my fellw golfers. To a man they all thought the food was "okay", the service "slow", and the prices "too high". We will not be dining @ Elliott's next year at our 25th anniversary golf outing.

Reviewed February 20, 2010

This is a promising restaurant in the area flooded with chain restaurants. They offer dinner themes, lunch promos honoring famous chefs, excellent wine list, and a creative menu. I was excited when I ffinally ound the time to check out this reataurant during lunch time. I decided to go for the special honoring Thomas Keller, after all I've always wanted to eat at the French Laundry. I would say that the meal was good and somewhat sets itself apart from other independent restaurants in the area but I was not amazed. The worst part was the service! I was treated like a second class person. When I first came in, I stood there for a while waiting for somebody to help me to a table and then was told to sit wherever I wanted to sit. That was in contrast to the way he others were treated when they came in, being ushered to a certain table. It took them a while to give me a menu once seated, and to get my order while they were busy attending to the rest of the customers. Several people came in after I have been seated for 15 to 30 minutes and they left before me. I would ask for something simple like water and they will do it as an afterthought putting others first. I consider myself a low maintenance person but to be treated this way was unacceptable especially to be paying moderate to high prices. I'm doubtful I'd give the restaurant another chance, definitely not to spend time and money to be treated like an undesirable.

2  Thank Grazing
Reviewed October 30, 2009

Visiting Pinehurst after a seven year absence, we were pleasantly surprised to find that the usual suspects of national chain restaurants had been supplemented by some outstanding local spots. For our visit at Ernie's on Linden, we were warmly greeted by the hostess, shown to our table immediately, and were cared for by a courteous, well-informed server. The wine list was pricey, but also had a few reasonably priced choices. The wine was well presented. The menu had many and varied selections, and both of our dinners were large portions, attractively arranged, and delicious. All the courses moved at a graceful pace, and our server never missed a beat. All in all, Elliot's is not be missed when visiting Pinehurst.

Reviewed October 9, 2009

Very disappointed in Elliots. When you pay $48 for a filet it should be outstanding. The food is very gourmet and this small restuarnt is very noisey.

Mark E, Owner at Elliott's on Linden, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

I wanted to personally reach out to you regarding your negative experience dining at Elliotts on Linden, in Pinehurst. We clearly did not meet our own standards, which concerns me greatly. I encourage you to stop by again; mention this experience when you're booking your reservation and we'll make a note on the system that your next two entrees are on me.

Our purpose is to give every diner a memorable and delicious meal and warm, professional service. I hope you'll give us a second chance. We have completely renovated our bar and now offer a more casual menu in addition to the regular Elliotts menu. You may preview "The Roost" here: http://www.elliottsonlinden.com/menu.html

With warm wishes, and sincerely hoping to see you again,

Mark Elliott

Reviewed July 8, 2009

I was in town for a workshop and tried Elliott's my last night based on TripAdvisor rating. I couldn't have been more pleased. I started with the (new on the menu) free-range egg and mushrooms on toast with local asparagus and truffle oil, a nice glass of wine, followed by one of the evening's specials: grilled mahi mahi over local vegetable succotash with rosemary, verde sauce, grilled peaches and caramelized onions. Despite ordering a lot of food, I ate every last delectable bite. My dining companion enjoyed (and also finished) her stuffed chicken. It's a good thing the (very friendly) server did not tell us that they had peach cobbler with ginger brown sugar ice cream before we declined dessert and asked for the check; otherwise, they would have had to roll me out of the restaurant...

1  Thank coach_robinski