“Good sushi in downtown Pinehurst”
Review of Ten-Ya

Ten-Ya
Ranked #24 of 53 Restaurants in Pinehurst
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Many delicious and some innovative sushi choices. Quiet atmosphere great for catching up with friends. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Perhaps we expected too much based on the price of the Deluxe sushi but have to give mixed reviews. Their hamachi was good but outside of that, deluxe to our estimation was not deluxe. We try to go to Japanese restaurants with Japanese chefs but more often than not we are disappointed. I think many have become par with non-Japanese chefs. I am beginning to think we need to find ways to improve the level of dishes where they be sushi or other dishes. Can't be satisfied with the current level of Japanese culinary levels when one moves out of NYC, San Francisco and LA.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I like finding a healthy dining option wherever I travel and if you are in Pinehurst for golf, this fits the bill. Located in the Village of Pinehurst, it's a very short walk from the Holly property. The sushi isn't what you'd get in a large city, but was fresh and well-prepared. Service was very good....an overall good experience and I would definitely go again if I'm in the area.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

It took over 2 hours (from time order placed) for a party of 8 to get food. It took 30-45 mins, frequently, to get a water or drink refill. Bug in one drink. Hair in a plate of food. Nobody cared about anything. A manager never checked in with the table during the 3 total hours of misery spent in this restaurant. After all that, food average and clearly overpriced. Worst restaurant experience in years. This review is as favorable as it can be written, there is plenty more to say about this awful restaurant. If they were located somewhere with any competition, they would have went out of business in 30 days.

1  Thank telllikeitis
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I chose to eat multiple appetizers for dinner and wasn't disappointed. I had several sushi and sashimi selections including octopus, squid, tuna, salmon, and something else. Food was great and reasonably priced - house cabernet wine was average.