“Not very impressed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nina's Classic Cuisine

Nina's Classic Cuisine
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Pinehurst
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fine dining, casual atmosphere
Southern Pines, NC
“Not very impressed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Mediocre food and typical Moore county service. I will just continue to hire personal chefs to cook for my guests. I was embarrassed to be seen here. Terribly outdated decor, musty moth ball smelling patrons and patchy food and service. Did I mention how bad the lamb was cooked? It's odd how on TA that the owner responds to people who complain about the food and says in her defense that they have been doing this for 30 years. Hmmmm. Most people I know professionally take continuing education. Most professionals want to to remain current. Those who brags that they are still doing the same stale thing 30 years later are just in an abysmal state of denial.

5 Thank greentara13_10

Pinehurst, North Carolina, USA
“Business Lunch at Nina's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I made a last minute lunch reservation for 8 people at Nina's and they gladly accommodated us. We had a nice large table and an amazing lunch. The lunch staff was friendly and the salads, soups and lunch all came out in a timely manner - we neither felt like we were waiting nor were we rushed. Their seafood bisque is a must along with their cobb salad. Fair warning though, the mini cob is huge and wonderful. This is a must try for lunch. I will be back with my husband to try out their dinner menu. I am positive we won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“PERFECTION”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

From the minute you enter this restaurant you realize that this is a going to be a great experience. I was pleasantly surprised to see all the tables beautifully covered in white table cloths. We were here for lunch and all four of us had something different from salads to a club sandwich, a large portion and prepared to perfection. A very friendly staff and a spotless restaurant and great food what more could you ask for. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
Sanford, North Carolina
“Late lunck after golf in Pinehurst”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our group of four couples arrived 45 minutes late for our 1:15 PM reservation but the proprietor welcomed us past their 2:00 PM mid-day closing. They reopen at 5:30 for dinner. Beverages were provided quickly to quench the thirst developed during 18 holes of golf nearby and water glasses were kept full. The menu offered a large choice of sandwiches, salads, lunch sized entrees, and four specials. Everyone ordered something different and not one was disappointed; several raved, "best crab cake I've ever had" or "Nina's Bisque is understandably a favorite". We were the only customers so the prompt service was no surprise, but I'm guessing that their service is usually superior. I had the sausage/pepper/onion sandwich on a grilled bun and look forward to having another soon. I learned later from the chef that the sausage is of their own making, freshly created each week. My wife had the cobb salad, something she regularly orders wherever we eat. She declared it "excellent". In addition to tasty sweet tea and other 'soft' beverages they offer a good selection of wines by the glass and a choice of beers, but none on draft. The owner provided a quick history of this family enterprise now in its third location in the Pinehurst area, where restaurant choices are more than plentiful and the competition very intense. If you are looking for a relaxing, upscale dining experience you'll not go wrong with Nina's. Located in a small shopping center, the place has an unpretentious façade that could easily be missed in dismay. When in Pinehurst put Nina's on your MUST list.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 911Traveldude
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“You can't go wrong at Nina's, consistently good quality. Have the rack of lamb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We live in Pinehurst. Nina's is always great. Steady friendly service, good food consistently, local go-to favorite. Never disappointed.

• Visited June 2013