“Great experience where staff went out of their way for us.”
Review of Social 165 - CLOSED

Social 165
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Great food, great music and awesome atmosphere. Dress is a little nicer than casual, but the music and mood accommodates all.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

It is interesting watching these anonymous bashings of one of my favorite venues. First of all I have known Dawn Phillips for many years and she is an outstanding human being. She wanted a venue for people in this area to come and be comfortable and "social". Never have I seen any drug related activity nor any activity that was questionable or inappropriate. It is a comfortable place where eclectic people congregate to be around like people and hear good music. She has been extremely successful in doing this.

I have never had bad food there in fact it is one of the few places where one can get something more than a burger at a late hour. Their flatbreads are excellent as are other great dishes prepared personally by Cliff. Chris the manager treats people with respect and regulars like family.

I have been in clubs from Miami to New York to Los Angeles and this has one of the most comfortable feelings of any club I've been in and we are so fortunate to have it in our own backyard. If you haven't been here it's worth a try.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have been to Social 165 many times, and knowing that no place can be perfect, mostly because us humans are invloved. This place is close to perfect. If you like to see attractive people behaving properly while dancing to great live and recorded music, then this is your place!! it has energy and every place in the area is on notice that better than average is here!! I have fun there and I think most will like it. I'm 61 and I like to dance. I see people from 25 to 65 there and they are all enjoying themselves!! Not many spots like that around!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is definitely my favorite place to go in NC! Wonderful music and a great vibe. Waitstaff are very friendly and the owner, Dawn Phillips, certainly knows what she is doing! Her hard work shows by what she has brought to Moore County. It is the type of place that I feel very comfortable going in alone for a cocktail and the food is delicious! Great venue!! Thank you for giving us a wonderful place to spend an evening!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Amazing and electric place! From the moment you walk in and are greeted by the "door person" to the time you leave, the staff is attentive, welcoming, upbeat and fun. The food is great as well! There is something for everyone. I love that they serve a good variety of finger foods (perfect for a nights when you are back and forth to the dance floor because of the great music :) )plus full entrees and fantastic desserts. I have personally tried the mozzarella stuffed meatballs, the bruschetta, the cheese tray, hummus trio with veggies and the Salmon entree. All really really good.

Not only good food but the atmosphere is great as well. There are two comfortable seating areas with several leather couches/love seats and unique tables as well as a padded/cushioned lounge area near the dance floor. The decor is upscale but comfortable/cozy. It is not your typical "bar".

Social 165 is the culmination of a lifelong love of music and vision of the owner to have a top notch music venue that could showcase musical talent from all over the country. It is not uncommon to find national recording artists performing on any given night and the musical acts run the gamut from country to hip hop and everything in between. Throw in there the weekly dueling pianos. DJ nights find a packed house and crowded dance floor. You don't want to miss this place.