“Nice dinner, great biscuits, very pricey”
Review of 1895 Grille

1895 Grille
Ranked #10 of 55 Restaurants in Pinehurst
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The 1895 Grille at the historic Holly is a Four-Star dining experience in every way. Serving breakfast and dinner, this intimate fine dining room features an exceptional menu straight from Carolina Farms to our tables. Our award-winning chefs also prepare nightly specials making each visit unique. Don't forget to order the triple chocolate souffle to cap off your perfect meal. Dress code: Dress slacks, collared shirt and dress shoes for men and corresponding attire for women. Tasteful denim allowed.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We left the big Pinehurst Carolina Inn for a quiet dinner in the village at the 1895 room. The food was very good, and presentation was excellent. The highlight of the meal was their special biscuits. I enjoyed the dinner, but my family thought it was overpriced and preferred the little pub in the hotel.
Bottom line , if you want an elegant expensive dinner this is the place. Try to sit in the front room, which has some character. We got stuck in the back room and we could've been anywhere.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The 1895 is a unique art nouveau/arts and crafts space, recently renovated by Glave & Holmes Architecture, with an exceptional regional menu and many Carolina based farm to table offerings. The wine list is also balanced and provides many excellent pairings. This restaurant should not be missed if you're golfing in Pinehurst.

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here three times and the food is unbelievable. The atmosphere is also incredible due to the historic location of the Holly Inn. The staff is well trained and great. All of the meals are fantastic that I have tried. My personal favorite is the filet mignon because of the amazing sauce that comes with it. Gurafanteed a great dining experience.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The 1895 Room has a well-trained, experienced staff. It is a limited menu but offers fish, beef, poultry. The shrimp and grits were outstanding, as was the chocolate souffle for dessert. Very accommodating and eager to please.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Dinner was wonderful. A great atmosphere, very cozy. Our server was delightful, funny and charming. The whole staff was very attentive. And the food...yumm. I've never had mac and cheese that didn't come from a box that I liked...what the chef did with noodles, cheddar, and broccoli...genious. The filet was perfectly done and melted in my mouth. Delicious!