“Truly Enjoyable breakfast buffet.”

Carolina Dining Room
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Pinehurst
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Step back in time in Pinehurst's most expansive dining room, offering breakfast and dinner daily. Executive Chef Thierry Debailleul's amazing menu features hand-selected aged beef and signature dry seasoning rub for our steaks and chops. Menus change seasonally, invoking the fresh flavors of the area and our local farmers' picks. The legendary breakfast buffet is known as the best in golf, and with good reason. Piano music sets the tone as you feast on made-to-order omelets, fresh fruit and Southern favorites.
north carolina
“Truly Enjoyable breakfast buffet.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

The truth is that there is nothing remarkable about anyone thing at the Carolina Room breakfast buffet, it really is the "experience". This is a grand old dame of a room, high ceilings, lots of wood and glass, pressed napkins, truly majestic chandeliers. And modest local folks who are dying to serve you. I love the endless supply of salmon, with the perfect not sticky moist, topped with finely chopped eggs and capers. Bring your newspaper and stay a while. If you leave too fast, you may miss the piano player,

Fareham
“Dissappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

When I made my reservation for the Pinehurst Resort I was asked if I wanted to make dinner reservations and each restaurant was described to me. What was not pointed out was that on the 28 November the evening meal would not be the usual fayre but would be a Thanksgiving Buffet not what we expected had I been informed I would have booked the 1895 for that evening. We arrived on time and were shown to a vacant table next to the area where the waiters appeared to leave the dirty plates awaiting the bus boy to remove them from the room. Our waiter arrived and introduced himself but did not produce a wine list until asked or inform us that the meal was a buffet.
The buffet was of a reasonably high standard although not in my opinion 4 star and the plates provided were cold (not the best idea to place hot/warm food onto a cold plate).
The wine was reasonably priced and of good quality.
Overall we were not left with the best impression of the restaurant which is a shame as we were looking forward to it having read previous reveiwers comments.

• Visited November 2013
Lakeland, FL
“Problem in the kitchen”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Not the best experience after being told that this is such an excellent and elegant dining location.The kitchen may not be prepared for a rush. It took them 45 minutes before we get our appetizers, then another 45 minutes before we get the entrees. My Veal Oscar dinner is supposed to be served with Lump Crabmeat. I asked my waitress where the lump crabmeat was, she said there was one piece and it was smashed up and mixed in with the fettuccine. The "veal" turned out to be thin slices of beef filet instead. There is no such thing as truth in advertising at this restaurant at all. Very disappointed!

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Tony L
bigleaguer
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Try the succulent duck breast. So good I ordered it two nights in a row. Cleveland and Ted were excellent waitrons. Heard they're changing the format. Too bad because it's perfect now.

Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Par execellence!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

There are not many restaurants that I would give this classification to. The Carolina Dining Room is one of those rare places that will always stick out in your mind. The service, the food, the ambiance, are all tops. Again, the Carolina is above par in all fields. It is a hole in one!

• Visited August 2013