“Great food, great service... great time”
Review of Too Blonde Tavern - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Sought this place out in the Village at Pinhurst after seeing on Tripadvisor... locals didn't have much to say about it, but I was glad I went for dinner. Great service, charming tavern with a great cook... pulled pork was fantastic, good management and fun bartender that made me feel right at home. Small indoor seating, nice patio seating with live music on the weekends. It will be the happening place to be during The US Open Championships next month.

1  Thank Josefe71

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I've been to plenty of taverns that were better, and there are plenty of better restaurants in Pinehurst. It must be the price that people like. I've never been to a restaurant where my waitress cleaned the floor 5 feet from where I sat (and it's not because there was a spill) and then served my food thereafter (yuk!). They were out of ice, out of the chardonnay, and the draft beer dispenser "didn't work". The server forgot part of my order and messed up my husband's. The coleslaw was soggy and tasted overprocessed--like it came from Food Lion's dispensary in another state. The only good thing I can say is that the fries were hot. Don't go there if you're looking for good food and good service.

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We had a trying experience "trying" to have a simple dinner here on a Monday night. When we asked for ice water; we were told, point blank: "no ice" and none "for about an hour." We were served water in glasses with straws on request. Answer to beers on tap inquiry? "The tap is broken, nothing." When bottled beer served; "ya don't want glasses do ya?" When asked if there were eggs in the veggie burger; "it does not say on the label, we buy them, but we guess no....." From behind the bar, our server shouted to our table; "do you know what you want yet?" The floor was being swept by our server less than 5 feet from our table. We did not see her wash her hands before serving us. We all ordered fries as part of our meals. One of us was forgotten, then we heard "fries being put in the fryer....."

All this being said; those fries were the best part of the meal, seasoned well, served hot.....

We consulted Trip Advisor and I visited this place for a menu earlier the same day. There were diners there during the day. We were the only party there that night. Maybe they just really did not want us there. If so, that came across. I do not like writing this kind of review.

So far, others have had better TA experiences......we won't "TRY" again though.......

1  Thank Travelartgolf
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Food so good we ate the same burger 2 nights in a row! Pulled BBQ Pork, deep fried pickes & onions on a burger! Delicious! Other great choices too but stuck with this one because we loved it so much! Very small bar area & a small eating area. Plain & simple decor with a couple TV's. Has an outdoor patio. Great service both nights. 2nd night 2 guys were singing. Reasonable priced. Not to be missed if you're in the area!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Too Blonde is a quaint bar inside the Theatre Building in the Village of Pinehurst. I have eaten here three times and have never been enamored with the atmosphere (too noisy) and the food (average quality bar food).

1  Thank ncman21