“won't come back”
Review of The Market Place

The Market Place
Ranked #35 of 53 Restaurants in Pinehurst
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: We have served Moore County for 35 years & we have table service, beautiful patio, we offer take-out, delivery & are available for all kinds of private events whether business or fun!!
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family recently ate here. The quiche was the "special" but we were not advised that it had no crust. It came out as a watery mess with spinache on top. My husband noted to the waitress that this surely wasn't quiche, but she was rude & dismissive. The portions are small, my husband left hungry & no one offered to exchange my inedible "quiche" for something else. We heard the manager berating another customer at the register, so did not complain to the manager. We won't be back, that's for sure, and believe me, won't recommend this place to anyone. Don't these owners watch shows like Restaurant Impossible so they learn how to treat customers & fix the food so that it's edible?

1  Thank ScottyDogLover

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The food is very good for lunch. Having been been several times, I have always had good food but, always bad service.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I enjoyed my food. Out service was awkward, which I can ignore. The rudeness of the owner at checkout was deplorable!

4  Thank Susan S
Reviewed November 9, 2012

It has great coffee, the apple pie is often requested. I like the ham sandwich with basile butter.....hmmm plus they have beer and outside seating.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Food is great...average lunch fair but above average flavor. One of my favorite places to eat...HOWEVER the owner/manager/cashier is a totally rude person. She's busy...and she makes that known...and extremely rude. She lashed out to two staff members while I was standing waiting to get my food and pay (carry out)...the staff were visibly upset but seemed used to the treatment. Customer service training is needed. I try to patronize local businesses, but I don't think this one is worth it if she's going to treat staff and customers this way. Not going back!

3  Thank PinehurstGal P