“Intimate”

Magnolia Inn
Ranked #29 of 53 Restaurants in Pinehurst
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: You have this establishment :mis catagorized as a B&B. It is a unique property which is a resturant and bar which happens to have 10 guest rooms. The facilities include one of the only outdoor dining options in the Village of Pinehurst. It is a wonderful restaurant and a charming bar which often has excellent entertainment.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

No downside to dining here. Lovely, great food, good service. Weather permitting, outside dining is very pleasant. Best for dinner.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Having choices of places to eat at the Pinehurst resort make this golf Mecca one not to be missed. Walking distance from the hotel and a diversified menu add to the golf attraction.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

The evening started well with wine and live music. But then the food arrived. Fish and chips were ok but not very good. The surf and turf I had was terrible. The steak was over cooked and so tough it was I edible. The first time I ever was unable to swallow any at all. After mentioning my disappointment to the waitress, the bill was modified to eliminate the charge for the meal. I was surprised that no chef or manager came by to inquire about my complaint. I guess they had heard it before. As we live here that alone was enough to guarantee that we will not eat there again. My advice if you go: enjoy the patio, music, wine and weather and skip the food.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Talking about my experience in this place gives still me chills: awefull disgusting!!! Chef Ramsey could have hard time here with his show!
If it was not for the nice waiters it would probably win the prize of the worst place I have ever been: I cannot remember another experience when I did not eat anything from the plates I ordered, never!!!
I go there with my wife and my 2 years old: we order mediterranean crudite and herb chicken.

Mediterranean crudite:
hummus had consistency wich is a mix between a v--it and a d--rr-a, tasteless, watery. Pita was some hard (re)fried crappy bread maybe bough by the lowest shelf at Walmart. Tzatziki was just garlicky and with the same consistency of the brown thing near it (I refuse to call it hummus).Celery and cucumbers probably have been rescued from the left over of other dishes: saggy and tasteless.

Herb chicken:
I had better chicken even on low cost flight These was embarrassing. Tasteless, gummy, saggy. I bet it was frozen because it tasted like boiled. Weird color. The sauce on top looked like mucus, I was not brave enough to taste it.

I only hope not get any food poisoning just because the small bites I took as tastes.

You definitely want to go there if you want to experience something like in the show of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares: in this place everything is damn real though!!!

1  Thank Pomodillo
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

This place was closed for a while, and when they reopened, I so wanted to love it. But I did not!
The menu is totally boring, and seems to lack identity. The service was equally disappointed.
I don't think they will make it too long.