“Quaint & practical........”

The Manor - Pinehurst Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pinehurst
The Manor - Pinehurst Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Pinehurst B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed at The Manor a couple of nights this past June. I requested the top floor and Pinehurst Reservations did well in setting me up. However, I arrived early in the morning from Myrtle Beach (had an early tee time) and The Manor was not open! Seems they only open it when they have enough reservations or later in the day.
So, parked the car in the hotel lot, called for a shuttle van & off to the golf course I went. After the round all was good, checked in with no problems and staff were very helpful from check in to check out. Had a top floor room and all was fine.
Now, do not get me wrong...I was a single guy and the room was sufficient, but NOT room enough for a couple. Since I was there for a few days of golf & leisure...The Manor fit my plans quite well. It is an older hotel but the bed & bath were just fine. The Manor is within walking distance of most of the Pinehurst Village pubs & restaurants. Some reviews are not kind to The Manor, but I think they are a bit harsh on this hotel.
First time Pinehurst visitor and had a wonderful experience. Manor reservations allowed me a package that included breakfast buffet at the Carolina (fantastic!) each morning, reduced greens fees (except # 2, very pricey), free shuttle van anytime/anywhere, 6 Titleist golf balls, and reasonable rates on other courses, but # 2.
Liked the Manor for this trip, but only if you are a single and do not expect much in the way of hotel extras. Will return to Pinehurst for sure............and The Manor, if going solo.

Room Tip: Top floor.... facing South (front of building).
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank KurtMyrtleBeach_SC

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband was at a conference at Pinehurst and I decided to tag along. His company paid for his stay and we were told I would be charged an additional 125 dollars for my stay. We submitted two credit cards one for him and one for me. Imagine my surprise when my account was also billed $648 for a 3 day stay. We contacted management but so far they have only agreed to decrease the bill by $300. No where near the amount I was originally told. By the way the butterfly pagoda was a total bust. Only two butterflies in the whole building.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The staff is the best part of this hotel. The front desk crew was extremely accommodating and friendly as could be. The hotel itself is pretty neat -- the rooms are small, the beds feel old, the A/C is wall-mounted and the floors are really uneven. It's a very comfortable hotel, but it's hard to justify the $200/night price tag. For $100/night, it would be quirky. For $200/night, it's more ratty. Would stay again if the price were lower. If not, I think I'll upgrade to the Carolina Inn or just stay off grounds next time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Rooms in The Manor have not changed much in the last 50 years except for updated bathrooms and an LCD TV. There is internet but it is only on a plug-in cable and not on wireless throughout the hotel. The staff are friendly and capable and the resort provides shuttle transportation between the various facilities on the site, otherwise they charge $200/night plus tax and resort fees for a $60/night quality room. Breakfast at 6:00 am was cold cereal and orange juice. You could get a glass of wine at 5:00 and tea was served in the lobby of one of the other hotels. The location is convenient to the Village but there is not much there. Stay at The Hampton or Homewood Suites, they are less money for a much better hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My Father and I stayed here for a golf school trip last month. The lady in the lobby was just fantastic at giving us advice and as friendly as she could be. The Manor probably isn't the nicest hotel at the resort, but my father and I loved it. It has tons of old photos everywhere (like Yogi Berra and buddies at the resort in the 50s) as well as Donald Ross and the early century players. We booked a double room which was actually two bedrooms with a shared bathroom. It was perfect for us. The shuttle service can get you anywhere you need to go in just minutes. The Air Conditioner was a little noisy, but I was so tired each night it really didn't matter. Also, there is a great "living room" type area downstairs with leather couches and a large flat screen TV for watching sporting events. The only thing that bothered me was that the two lamps in my room were antique or just cheaply made replicas and were both on the verge of breaking. I used the overhead light. I'll save my reviews for the golf and restaurants for another review, but they were both TOP NOTCH. We were impressed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RazorbackTraveler
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Old, a little run down, retrofitted, but close to the Village for food/drink/shopping and having the resort shuttle service makes life easier. Would not choose to stay here for more than a night or two.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank thepiratedoc
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Manor doesn't even feel like pinehurst. If you have to stay here, stay home.The room are tiny and not very pretty. You are far from everything. I was so diappointed as I had really looked forward to this trip to the hotel and the spa.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank oh4thelove
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pinehurst
Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village (near Pinehurst)
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Pinehurst
SpringHill Suites Pinehurst Southern Pines
Jefferson Inn
Jefferson Inn
#1 of 12 in Southern Pines
The Carolina Hotel - Pinehurst Resort

Been to The Manor - Pinehurst Resort? Share your experiences!