“Great staff, good food, worth a visit”
Review of The Villager Deli

The Villager Deli
Ranked #15 of 51 Restaurants in Pinehurst
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife, one-year old, and I went there for lunch while touring Pinehurst. I'd heard wonderful things about this place and decided to give it a try. It was a crowded little place, pretty loud, but the staff welcomed you into the restaurant and made an extra effort to accommodate us with the baby. We did have a wait to be seated, but once seated, the staff and the service really worked hard to make it a very pleasant experience. My wife got the baked potato soup and it was terrific. Our main courses were a grilled cheese for her, and a bacon cheese burger for me. The grilled cheese was good, yes I had a bite of her soup and sandwich, and my burger was tasty. I'm not going to say it was the best or even one of the best I've had but it was good. The sweet tea was not very sweet however if you look at the history of this place (that being Pinehurst itself) it was modeled after a New England village. It was designed by the same gentlemen who designed Central Park and was supposed to be a winter get-away for northerners. And, as we noticed while walking through the village, the majority of license plates are from the northeast US and Canada. So, with all those points, you shouldn't expect a real "southern" environment. On a good note, I got a piece of pecan pie to go and it was fantastic. I would definitely go again if in the area but probably wouldn't make a special trip to the restaurant. The food was good and the service was really awesome.

There are newer reviews for The Villager Deli

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We love stopping by the Villager for a casual breakfast or lunch. It's location and charm are wonderful and the food is good standard breakfast and lunch items. They've never steered us wrong.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

In the heart of the Village of Pinehurst, it is a great spot for an awesome hamburger, a "to die for" hot dog. Salads are huge, soups are great. I have lunch here at least twice a week!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

A nice lunch stop while brousing the Village of Pinehurst. Good menu. Small and generally busy. Check out the shops nearby.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This restaurant has real deli sandwiches, packed with meat and add ons, and priced very fairly. The soup was so so. The service was very good. I highly recommend you give this one a try if you are in the area. And, of course, Pinehurst is full of history and beauty. It is a great destination whether you play golf or not.