“Old World feel with modern amenities”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pinehurst
The Holly Inn - Pinehurst Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Pinehurst
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Upon arrival, I was greeted by the friendly front desk staff. The feel of the Holly Inn is that you have traveled back to a simpler time where the accommodations are timelessly classic and quality service is important. The room was clean, nicely decorated, and the beds were comfortable. The addition of modern amenities like an extensive cable TV lineup and WiFi added to our comfort at the Holly Inn. I would certainly stay here again. I highly recommend the Holly Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Holly Inn - Pinehurst Resort

Reviewed April 16, 2013

So glad we chose The Holly over the Carolina at Pinehurst. If you like more modern lodging options, this probably isn't the place for you. We enjoyed this quiet place with good dining and bar options. Everything at Pinehurst is expensive, so choose the place that looks to fit your style. The Holly is the original (old) hotel at the resort, but the rooms are good size and everything is within walking distance. Shuttle is also very convenient. I do however recommend that you have breakfast at The Carolina. Great buffet.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We held our Winter Meeting at the Holly Inn. The meeting staff gave us excellent service above and beyond all expectations. The facilities are vintage/historic and maintained well. The music room was the perfect place for our sessions. I would highly recommend Pinehurst and The Holly Inn for a small conference. The only issue I had personally was that the spa was not available for use after our sessions ended and the Tavern was too crowded for us to have lunch before the meeting started. These were not issues that affected the meeting, however, which went extremely well due to the hard work of the banquet/meeting staff.

Room Tip: I would request a room facing the back of the building at the Holly Inn to avoid the noise (however...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2013

First off, the hotel is beautiful, no doubt. You also pay for the up-keep of such an old place. You pay by ways of the Tavern - a BLT (hearty) was $11, a burger was $14 and breakfast was $31 for the buffet!! - - AND NONE OF THE STAFF WILL DIRECT YOU ELSEWHERE to a more $$ friendly fare.

THERE ARE NO FOOD VENDING MACHINES IN THE HOTEL FOR LATE NIGHT SNACKS, and no nearby restaurants that are open late after a meeting. They do have $7.00 sodas in room and a jar of cashews for $14 - should you require some sustenance late night.

no one prepared us for the lack of food.

other than $$ - the grounds are beautiful and compliment the area...but in my honest opinion, not worth the trouble for that kind of $$.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Luv_2_Travel687
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I am here in February for a conference. My peer is staying for the same conference price in a fabulous room at the main resort for the same price. I have been relinquished to some awful mold infested room in a site 10 minutes from the main resort in a basement with a non working lamp with no valet no service and I've called twice to complain about this awful establishment and no return call. I will spread the word that this place is an awful dump with terrible customer service. Horrific indeed. Do not come here unless you guarantee yourself a spot in the main resort.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank umterps95
mchriscoe, Guest Relations Manager at The Holly Inn - Pinehurst Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Pinehurst Resort is reviewing all of these concerns and will be addressing them directly with the guest

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was first introduced last year and I was thrilled with the experience. I visited again for a conference this past week and I cannot be more pleased. The service is impeccable. You cannot find this level of service many places.

I was pleased with the Holly, the shuttles, dining, and my overall stay. I could write pages about how wonderful this place is to stay. It is truly a gem.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

This was our 4th golf trip down to Pinehurst, NC. First time we stayed at the Holly Inn. We really loved this property. Much smaller property (but not rooms) and more intimate than the Carolina Inn, but still the exceptional service of Pinehurst resorts. Walk down the hall and you are greeted by name.
We dined at the 1895 and had exceptional service. Breakfast was there each morning too. We also had dinner one night at the Carolina, I liked that they had smaller portions available, made it easier to enjoy all courses, and dessert.
Golfed at #4,5, 8 on this trip. Loved them all. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Ellis_NC_IL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pinehurst
Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village (near Pinehurst)
Comfort Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#3 of 12 in Southern Pines
Residence Inn Pinehurst Southern Pines

Been to The Holly Inn - Pinehurst Resort? Share your experiences!