I have to say that when i read the reviews before my trip to pinehurst from the members here at TA i was a little worried. But after my trip i can say that i think all of those people that posted negative info on Pinehurst must be employees of competing hotels. Pinehurst is one of the most amazing places in the United States to travel. I travel for work every week and stay in a lot of places - and this place gets an A++. absolutely great service, great facilities, great golf, Perfect. My friend and I took our fiance's on a surprise trip to pinehurst the week of July 25
The Carolina Hotel was perfect. We arrived late thursday night after a long drive from Ohio - Hector immediatley opened up our door and welcomed us to Pinehurst. They whisked our bags away to our room while we were checked in and given the run-down of the hotel by our very friendly desk manager Brennen.
The hotel retained all of its old-school charm but was able to upgrade the things that need upgraded to make your stay comfortable. The upgraded deluxe room is well worth the extra $20 per night it costs. A very comfortable mattress, a brand new bathroom, flat screen TV, walk in closet. The hotel was fantastic.
The food was amazing as well. With our package - breakfast and dinner was included - as well as a round of golf per day for the guys and 2 spa treatments per day for the ladies. Carolina breakfast buffet was better than any i've ever had. Made to order omlettes, made to order pancakes and waffles. Very well done. You never left hungry. for Dinner we did the Carolina Dining room one night which is more formal (guys are required to wear a jacket) and the second night we did the 1895 Grille which was amazing food - but the guys only have to wear slacks and a golf shirt. Food was top quality - wine lists were pretty good (a little overpriced) and the service there (like everywhere else on the resort grounds) was first rate.
Golf was unexplainable. It was the best experience i have ever had in my life. We played #7 and #2. 7 is very challenging and in amazing shape. Its also its own private course so it tends to get less play from the "Resort types" and more from the serious golfers. We played with a member there so it was perfect for us.
# 2 - what can i say - give yourself several hours surrounding your tee time. there is a lot of history and golf to take in and there is no need to rush it. If you are in a hurry - don't play # 2. The course is in amazing condition and will challenge you no matter what your level. Our caddie, Darek, was amazing. Ask for him if you go there to play.
The Spa, while i did not go, was amazing. a 31,000 Sq foot facility was top notch from the reports of the ladies. They were there all day and were totally pampered.
You must take this trip if you like golf or if you just want a true southern experience and want to be pampered every step of the way. Pinehurst and all of their staff should be proud. We are now making this an annual trip.
I don't recommend this for children -but for everybody else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Some say you can feel the spirit of Pinehurst as you turn onto Carolina Vista, the tree-lined avenue that leads to the Carolina hotel. This majestic century-old hotel with its signature copper cupola and sweeping verandas make you feel as though you’ve stepped back in time to an era when elegance defined grand hotels and resorts. Dubbed the “Queen of the South,” the Carolina has 274 Four-Diamond guest rooms including suites.Pinehurst Resort features nine golf courses, an award-winning Spa, a charming village, tennis, beach club and other amenities including an active Kids Club. Kids 12 and under stay and play golf free when staying in the same room as the parents. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your The Carolina Hotel - Pinehurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carolina - Pinehurst Hotel Pinehurst
- Pinehurst Hotel And Country
- Pinehurst Resort And Country