The local community is great, many unique shops and restaurants. There is so much golf history here you can feel it!
Golfing #2 was an incredible experience. At first we debated on whether to get caddies or not. DON'T DEBATE IT! Get the caddies, they made the trip exponentially more enjoyable, and that is not an exaggeration. Think about it, if you ride a cart on the path next to the course, you do not get the feel of being there, where all the pros have walked over so many years. The stories and humor shared by our caddies had us laughing and enjoying the round more than I had imagined. Without their knowledge we would have scored much worse, and we learned from them as well (both were low handicap golfers in their own right).
We stayed at the Holly Inn, very comfortable and with a great Tavern for food and drink, with outstanding staff. The local shuttle service worked out extremely well, never had to wait long to get anywhere in the village.
I can't remember the name of one shop in particular, but it was a small golf memorabilia shop, full of historic pictures and autographs of famous moments and professionals, and very reasonably priced.
We truly had a wonderful time, and although in all not an inexpensive trip, most definitely worth it and a memory of being with my sons that I will cherish and talk about for a life time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Some say you can feel the spirit of Pinehurst as you turn onto Carolina Vista, the tree-lined avenue that leads to the Carolina hotel. This majestic century-old hotel with its signature copper cupola and sweeping verandas make you feel as though you’ve stepped back in time to an era when elegance defined grand hotels and resorts. Dubbed the “Queen of the South,” the Carolina has 274 Four-Diamond guest rooms including suites.Pinehurst Resort features nine golf courses, an award-winning Spa, a charming village, tennis, beach club and other amenities including an active Kids Club. Kids 12 and under stay and play golf free when staying in the same room as the parents. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your The Carolina Hotel - Pinehurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carolina - Pinehurst Hotel Pinehurst
- Pinehurst Hotel And Country
- Pinehurst Resort And Country