“If you want to improve your golf game, you have to come here!”

The Carolina Hotel - Pinehurst Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Pinehurst
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I booked this trip for my husband and me because we both enjoy golfing and were looking to improve our games. This is a great place for golf learning and all of my hesitations were pleasantly dismissed upon arrival. I am a high handicap female golfer who was fearful of the atmosphere and challenge of coming to Pinehurst. My hands, arms and head made it admirably through the week (Sunday-Friday) academy. Exceptional instruction, fabulous and plentiful food and great resort accommodations made for a perfect vacation choice.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 25, 2011

Pinehurst Resort, stayed at Carolina Inn, is a grand hotel. We've stayed several times, both at Carolina and Holly Inn. Both are wonderful. My husband loves the golf, some of the best courses anywhere, according to him. We both enjoyed the amenities, the food there is some of the best we've had, and overall a relaxing and fabulous experience.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Wow.... where do I begin... The golf courses are amazing. I wish I had played #2 before the redesign so I would have something to compare the new layout to. I can't wait to see the 2014 U.S. Open, its going to be amazing to see the course setup. The course is very playable and enjoyable for the average golfer. Also played #5 and #8, both were great courses. Now....on to the food. Breakfast and dinner were included in our package. Don't leave Pinehurst until you have the breakfast buffett in The Carolina Dining Room. So much food so little time. Dinners were amazing too at the Carolina and the 1895. The rooms at the Holly Inn were incredible. Just like being at home. The staffs (hotel, golf courses, restaurants) were the best I have ever experienced anywhere. Treat yourself to a wonderful experience, visit Pinehurt, you will not regret it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2011

My wife and I enrolled in the Pinehurst Golf Academy and enjoyed every aspect of our stay; from outstanding instruction to classic "Southern hospitality" to delicious food, we could not have been more satisfied with our stay. We stayed in the Carolina Inn and highly recommend that specific hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Pinehurst is a classy resort from check in to check out, to dining, to assisting with activities, tee times, you name it!! Everyone working at the resort is there to ensure that you have an exceptional experience. There are plenty of wonderful restaurants to choose from and the food was fantastic.

I stayed in a standard King room and there wasn't a dresser in the room. I hung up what I could and the rest had to stay in my suitcase. The closet was a decent size so I kept my suitcase in there to keep it out of the way. Otherwise, I had a fantastic experience!

Unless you are flying into the area in a private aircraft, the other airports are a bit of a distance. I flew into Raleigh, which was about 1.5 hours away but it was a pleasant drive.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2011

The best place for relaxation and fun as well. Bikes is available free for ride around the village. And everybody is so nice and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2011

The service there was excellent ,everyone was so pleasant, patient and courteous. The rooms were spacious and I especially enjoyed having my covers layed back when I would return to the room for the evening. The atmosphere was very relaxing, especially at the Spa Resort. The expression that "everything was available at your fingertips" it really was.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pinehurst
Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village (near Pinehurst)
2 mi away
#3 of 12 in Southern Pines
Best Western Pinehurst Inn
Best Western Pinehurst Inn
#2 of 12 in Southern Pines

Been to The Carolina Hotel - Pinehurst Resort? Share your experiences!