“Best Bartender”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Waikoloa, HI
“Best Bartender”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm surprised at some of the negative reviews and can only go by my experience. Granted, I didn't have food but my friend had the egg appetizer & the fries and chicken strips. He ate all of it. Love the ambiance and the coziness of the restaurant and bar. We sat at the bar, which is my preference being a bartender myself. Lucy,the bartender is probably one of the most personable and attentive bartenders I've met. She made all patrons feel welcome with a quick greeting and after learning I was visiting from Hawaii, even introduced me to some of the regular bar patrons. Her endearing southern accent is genuine as she's a NC native. Call it southern hospitality or I'm inclined to call it the Aloha Spirit, pretty much the same. A great way for me to spend my last night in Pinehurst.

• Visited April 2013

Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Great Buffalo food in the wonderful South.”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

What a better way to end a day in beautiful Pinehurst than to have a Beef on Weck and Smithwicks at The Darling House. Always find people hanging out and conversing. I'm obviously not the only person who loves to come here. Do not go to the Sandhills without getting a meal here. Like having a great Buffalo mean in a Scotland pub.

Visited April 2013
Miami, Florida
“Not Very Impressed”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We ate here our first night in town. My husband had the fish and chips, which he really liked. I had a chicken sandwich which was good. The place is small and extremely loud...especially the bartender. Her voice carries throughout the restaurant. I probably wouldn't go back.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Standing_Tall
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Fish & Chips”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Came here 4 years ago on a golf vacation, had the best fish & chips. The batter was so thin, crispy and light. Came back again this week (April 2013) and the fish & chips were just as good as we remembered. The staff was extremely friendly, both our waitress and the owner. We will eat here each time we visit!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Barb B
Summerfield, North Carolina
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I think we got the bad waitress referred to below. She was so rude, though, it was funny, and we got some entertainment out of watching other people's reaction to her. While we waited for our food, which took over an hour, we saw 3 parties get fed up waiting for her and leave. To be fair to her, she was serving alone, but a better attitude would have made us more sympathetic. She threw straws at our table, banged down our refills, I think she was annoyed that I'd found her to ask for refills. We saw someone who was sitting outside come in 3 times to serve himself, and on the third trip he passed a group at the door, carrying ketchup, and said "bad waitress, I'm quicker getting t myself"! And the food, well, the burger and sandwich we got was highly rated, however the haddock fingers and scotch egg were really greasy. It was a lovely location, and it was an experience we won't forget, but not for the right reasons, unfortunately.

• Visited March 2013