“Nice local hangout”

Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Came here after getting treated like trash around the corner at Dugan's. Had a great time. Ordered the fish and battered fries meal, and was thoroughly impressed. They had a decent beer selection and the staff was awesome. I have to agree with some of the other revues...the bartender is very loud!!!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I lived in Scotland for three years and felt like I had returned, just briefly, while dining at the Darling House Pub and Grill. The Haddock and chips were absolutely authentic and perfectly battered. Great ales on tap and friendly staff. I unreservedly recommend.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I initially stopped in on a Sunday afternoon for a quick cocktail. We ended up staying for quite a while as the owner Steve was a delight to talk with. We came back twice within the next week for dinner. The Sheperd's Pie was great.....lamb instead of beef! Their meatloaf was also quite tasty. We had burgers on the next visit and they were terrific. Let me also say that the service was outstanding. You gotta get the wings, true Buffalo syle!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

A little bit of hometown Buffalo in NC. Steve and Liz were great hosts. The beef on wick was perfect and I loved the wings.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was born and raised in WNY, the home of beef on weck, Friday night fish fries and chicken wings. When I went on line and read their menu I was very excited to find beef on weck listed. It was difficult to decide between the beef and beer battered fish but since I (out of desperation) make my own beer batter fish fry, I ordered the beef on weck. The good part of my meal was that I have learned the anticipation can sometimes be far better than the food. Mediocre at best. A very nice lady sitting across from me had ordered the beer battered fish and told me the batter was very tough. If your Pub fare boasts regional foods than you better be sure you can pay due respect to that region or give it up!