“The service is awful.”

Cousin Gary's Family
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Siloam, NC
“The service is awful.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Over the years I have eaten several times at this restaurant and one thing is very apparent. If you are not a regular, you will have a hard time getting served. The food is not bad most of the time. They have a decent breakfast buffet and sometimes the lunch is good.

Several examples of their service are:
My mother and I went there for breakfast. She ordered from the menu and her order included toast or biscuits. The waitress brought neither and when asked once again, she still didn't bother. MY mom never got her bread.

Another time, my husband and I went for the breakfast buffet. They put us in the back room since it was non -smoking, which was not a problem but we had to get our own coffee refills since the waitress never came back except to give us a bill.

The thing that made me sure I'd not eat there anymore was what happened when I went one day for lunch. I walked in and the sign said 'seat yourself.' The place was a bit full but there was one empty table in the main room and I sat down. A waitress came flying over and told me "Get up! You can't sit there. That's ______'s table." She spoke in a rude way and did not offer to help me find a table so I left.

I won't be going back.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Susan W

Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
“a step down from school food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

one word..... disgusting!.......place should be shut down.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank lisa s
Elkin, North Carolina
“Nice buffet, CHEAP”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Food was fresh and flavorful though it is a small buffet. We would visit again if in the area.

• Visited April 2012
Pinnacle, North Carolina, United States
“Buffet and Menu are Great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

Food is always fresh and good. I usually get the buffet, which has different items daily. Not a mile long buffet but has great country cooking. Friday they always have fish on the buffet and it is AMAZING! Never been for breakfast but have heard that it is amazing as well! Staff from our church camp nearby get up early enough to go there for breakfast before they have to be "on duty" for breakfast at the camp!

“Over look all the smoke and order the chicken teriyaki.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

Order it with the peppers and onion stir-fry... fries and ranch to dip it in.... It's pretty good!