“World class service. Beautiful setting.”
Review of End Posts

End Posts
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: No Reservations Needed. Stop in for a casual yet delicious lunch or snack. As mentioned in “7 Incredible North Carolina Restaurants You Must Try Before Summer Ends” by www.onlyinyourstate.com. Thursday – Sunday 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

When we walked in we were immediately greeted by Chef Megan welcoming us to JL and End Posts. The hostess then escorted us to the dining area which was a small, quaint room with just a handful of tables in it. The view outside was beautiful even on a rainy night. The rain kept us from exploring the grounds but didn’t prevent us from having a terrific meal with first class service. My wife and I were dining with another couple. The four of us had four servers assigned to the table. Each of them (Amber, Hali, Dana, and Justine) were friendly and professional in every way. Amber was the lead waitress and also had a great sense of humor about her. They offer multiple courses which we took advantage of and also paired our meals with a nice Massimo malbec. The four of which each ordered a different main course yet each of us walked about very pleased. I had the strip and it was well prepared. It is high quality food. We appreciated that after our meals and dessert that the head Chef Brian came out to the table to personally ensure that we had enjoyed the meals that he had prepared. A class move on his part. We assured him that the meals were outstanding and that we really enjoyed our dining experience thanks to the incredible wait staff. This is certainly about quality food over quantity and the meals aren’t cheap but you be happy you came. Great food, great views, and great service. We will be back, hopefully with better weather, so that we can take advantage of the full JoLo experience.

3  Thank SteveMatthewP

Reviewed July 11, 2014

The food is excellent and the setting is beautiful. I had wild salmon cooked to perfection. My husband had New York strip that he described as tender and flavorful. I opted for a tomato salad, which had various varieties of tomatoes prepared in different ways-all were wonderful. All seats in the dining room have bright views of the outside-really lovely. The wait staff is very attentive and knowledgable. Be sure to take a short walk around the grounds before or after your meal.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had lunch here and was completely overwhelmed with the setting and food quality. This is an extraordinary dining option in an area which has very limited choices. The dining room is very small, so reservations are a must for dinner. Right now they are not taking reservations for lunch. The lunch menu is limited but varied. Pricing at lunch is much more reasonable than dinner. I will go back!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We chose End Posts to celebrate our 35th anniversary, in part because they had an outstanding vegetarian menu. The service from our entering the door until our departure was superb, but the food and flavors were the stars of the show. Everything was prepared and presented with attention to detail and the mix of flavors. I had a roasted beet salad with small buttons of avocado mousse and orange gel. The beets were sprinkled with coarsely ground pistachios and the mix was phenomenal. There was only one vegetarian entree this evening, black-eyed pea ravioli served on a bed of summer succotash accompanied by a poached egg. The ravioli was perfectly prepared, partially wrapped with ample parmesan-reggiano flavoring. The succotash was finely diced summer squash and zucchini with whole black-eyed peas, chopped tomatoes, and just a touch of chili to raise the flavor to a higher level. The poached egg was a surprise but prepared perfectly and added new textures and flavors. All was topped with slightly crisped Swiss chard pieces, lightly salted. Just an amazing mix of flavors and textures. Bravo! Since we were celebrating our anniversary, the chefs sent a complimentary dessert of a buttermilk custard accompanied by two mini-muffins with almond and cinnamon flavors, and spots of strawberry reduction and fresh whipped cream. All was stunning!

The restaurant is small with limited seating, and the menu changes regularly but with limited offerings, but for my wife and I, this may have been the best meal of our lives. Highly, highly recommended for a special occasion.

2  Thank Outadvent
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This restaurant is at the Jolo Winery and like the winery, it is FIRST CLASS. The wait staff are in white gloves, service is over the top, the Chef is great. The kitchen is open to where you can watch food preparation take place. The menu is limited but the choices are great. I had the ribeye, my wife had the halibut( which is her all time favorite ) and I can say all the food was great. There is a good wine selection. The food was cooked perfect. The dining room is very comfy, although small it allows for the service and kitchen not to be over worked. Since it is small you should make reservations because they do fill up and sell out for the evening. They do also have outdoor dining which we prefer but due to rain we sat inside. Again JW the owner has left nothing out or to chance. This is one of the BEST RESTAURANTS IN NC. Can not wait to go back and sit outside. Please do your self a favor and go and enjoy.

4  Thank cb8855