“After almost 20 years, still rocking it”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mazatlan Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 34 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I have been here so many times, it's impossible to count.
And every meal has been great !

They were the first in this area to serve Pacifico beer, which is my all time favorite.

They keep varying the menu, always for good reasons.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I arrived and stood while people walked right by and watched me waiting to be seated. After 3 minutes of this, I had to speak up to gain recognition,(I am very professional in all that I do so I was very patient and courteous), then I was immediatly helped as if they really didnt see me, being the only black family in the whole restaurant. The staff acted like they didnt want to serve me and my family and the food tasted like someone had spit in the food and my Tea. I never been in a restaurant where I felt I didnt belong and wasnt welcomed and the tension in the air was thick. I had to constantly get the staffs attention for refills. My wife is the nicest person on earth and I never seen her talk junk about a restaurant like she did this one and we have been married for 21 years. I felt sick to my stomach afterwards and I will never go back!!!!!

2  Thank toncatboy .
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just back from Australia, my wife and I wanted some Mexican food (which is hard to come by in Oz). We have gone twice to Mazatlan and enjoyed it both times. The service is good but can seemingly get confused and I had to chase down my server to bring my side of refried beans. But the over all experience was very good and we will return again.
The fish tacos are excellent (and I like them with a side of refried beans).