“Great clam chowder”
Review of George's

George's
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Oxford
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining
Description: George's Restaurant is a family-owned and operated business since 1999. We pride ourselves for having something for everyone and every budget.
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

All food items are good, specials are usually VERY good. Always get the clam chowder: put some liquid hot sauce in it and you will be back for more.

2  Thank Max M

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Our party went here for drinks at the bar in the late evening. We had a few small appetizers and I chose from the wines by the glass list. I was very impressed especially given that I was in a small town in North Carolina.

The wait staff was chatty and friendly, and the bar was reasonably quiet, devoid of loud music.

Appetizers were good. Nothing fancy, but solid and delivered quickly. The place knows it roots and it clientele and hit it squarely in the sweet spot.

1  Thank jpmnyc
Reviewed January 26, 2014

George's seems to be a local favorite in a small town without many locally owned eateries. It was crowded on a Friday night, gearing up for Karaoke later in the bar area. We were seated after waiting only a short time (less than one beer) in the bar area, which sorely needs more stools or seating spots. The dining room was hushed and quiet, though, and service was fast and friendly. Splitting the lasagna meal was a good idea and not a problem for the server and kitchen. An extra salad rounded out the delicious meal. I would definitely visit again and sample other items on the well-rounded menu.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The restaurant may be the best in Oxford. Great, helpful and friendly staff. A smile to welcome you. The best Hamburger and Chips hand down. Always has daily specials. I must when in Oxford.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Just stopped in Oxford on our way north. The clerk at our hotel recommended George's and gave us directions. After getting lost a bit, we finally found the restaurant and were pleasantly surprised.
The hostess seated us promptly and within a minute of so, our waiter was taking our drink order. After delivering our drinks, he explained the specials. He was very knowledgeable and pleasant. My wife ordered the brisket special, covered with onion, mushrooms, and gravy. It came with a side salad and a healthy amount of veggies. I just ordered a personal pepperoni pizza. The brisket meal was more than my wife could finish, although she gave it a great review. My pizza was perfectly made and baked. Two glasses of merlot accompanied the meal.
The total bill was less than $33.00; well worth the meals.

Been to George's? Share your experiences!