Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Life changing

The best thing I've done for me in forever.Captain Will is a friend for life , amazing teacher and... read more

Reviewed June 17, 2018
Jeremy T
via mobile
Never to Old to Learn

Reviewed May 1, 2018
Jim H

All reviews a great week class sailboat capt skills confidence keel
Selected filters
Reviewed May 1, 2018

As and avid weekend sailor I decided to take the Basic Keel Boat class last June. Captain Will taught me a few things and got me to improve my skills all around. It was a great week over all and I would recommend it to anyone. Sailing is a great way to get out on the water and enjoy some beautiful views. Buy the ticket, take the class, you will be glad you did.

Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

Capt. Will gave 4 of us windsurfing lessons including my young son. He is so patient and easy going you don’t even realize you’re “learning” anything(yet we all figured it out... pretty much;).
His knowledge of the sport, local wildlife, local history, and everything in between made for such a beautiful an amazing time!

Reviewed June 1, 2017

Will is a gifted instructor and was organized and patient in his instructional approach. We covered a tremendous amount of material and he will make sure that you know what you need to know!

The Basic Keelboat Course that he taught had the perfect balance of instruction time and practical experience. It was challenging but fun and I would HIGHLY recommend Capt. Will and Oriental's School of Sailing. We will be back for additional classes, for certain!!

Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

My Husband took the week long sailing course from Will.
He had a great experience.
Only 3 people taking the basic course.
Will has a good knowledge of sailing.
My Husband said that he learned a lot, and now feels comfortable sailing that sailboat that we bought and are fixing up.
The weather (wind) was strong and the water had white caps 1 day, so they stayed in the dock and did drills on the sailboat.
My Husband said that this course with Will is definitely worth the money.

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank Carole56
Reviewed November 17, 2016

This 4-day course in basic keelboat sailing is an excellent balance between creative classroom instruction and practical experience on the water. A lot of thought and care was put in the course materials and classroom aids such as a scale model of a sloop rigged sailboat complete with miniature hardware and scaled lines. A common room fan was used in a creative way to simulate the various wind directions on the sails in the classroom. The entire classroom venue reflected their passion and love of sailing. Captain Will and the staff truly want you to enjoy the sport as much as they do.

Date of experience: November 2016