“Very Disappointed”
Review of M & M's Cafe

M & M's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Oriental
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a casual every day dining restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining. We serve everything from fresh local seafood to comfort food to the classics. If you like cold drinks, local friends and an at home atmosphere this is the place for you.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had been to M and M Cafe five other times with friends. I took my wife there yesterday (Fri July 7, 2013) The waitress was rushing us and seemed to be agitated. We ordered an appitizer, and each of us ordered an entree. My wife asked if I wanted a side salad and the waitress stated it would only be $1 extra sice we ordered entree's so I said sure and my wife ordered one as well. We waited an hour and fifteen minutes to get our salad. As we were waiting a waitress brought us some hushpuppies since we were waiting so long. The table next to us were getting upset because they had been waiting as long as us so we gave them some of our hushpuppies. Twenty minutes later we got our nachos which were nothing but chips with regular chees sprinkled on them (average) I guess they were nachos but i expected more for the price. The fish we ordered was on a big hoagie bun?!?! The food was fair to poor. When we got the bill we were charged $3.95 for each salad and were charged for the hushpuppies (around $7) Made the bill a little over $40. I mentioned this to the cashier and she removed the items and then added them again when our waitress began arguing with us. Yeah thats right the waitress began arguing with us! The Mgr/Owner was summoned by the cashier and waitress and when I mentioned the over charges and the wait she just shrugged it off and said it was the Craoker Festival and there was going to be a wait. Just a bit of advice.....if you can't handle an influx of customers you should have never opened your doors. The Mgr/Owner took off the hushpuppies from our bill so our bill was $35 and change. Still charged us full price for the salad. I WILL NEVER eat at this place again. Overpriced bar food is all it is!

1  Thank Jeffrey B
There are newer reviews for M & M's Cafe

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Food was very good, and wait staff was fine. Ate on the porch, so not familiar with the ambience inside. Sushi night on Mondays seems popular, though you need to get there before 8 if you want sushi. Would definitely go there again.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I always have dinner at M&M's Cafe when we come to Oriental to visit son and daughter-in-law. The four of us had an early dinner there tonight and again were NOT disappointed! As in the past, we had another great meal with very good and friendly service.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

After checking out several different menus, we found M & M Cafe. Finally.........a place I felt comfortable in. There's something about places with cotton tablecloths and servers dressed in white that make me uncomfortable. The tuna salad sandwich was wonderful and the tuna was fresh (not out of a can). I'm not sure what they did differently with the pasta salad but it was the best I've ever had. I also asked for the sandwich to be lightly toasted and it arrived lightly toasted. I can't tell you how many times I've had to return sandwiches because they were toasted more than I like. You can eat in the bar, in one of two dining rooms, or on a screened porch. I would have loved to eat on the porch but the weather was too humid.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We got to M and Ms at 8P on Sunday evening of Memorial Day week-end. It was packed with tourists (we are locals). Though it took over an hour for a our order to be served Dave Sargent, the owner, and the staff looked after all the "starving" patrons. Nobody was ignored or put off. We know the kitchen is small there they are just capable of turning out so many meals. Our food arrived hot when it did and was delicious. Dave apologized and even comped a few with wine. I highly recommend the steamed shrimp or clams in their own broth.