“I hate to say this.”
Review of Village Food Emporium - CLOSED

Village Food Emporium
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Great, fresh food - some organic, seasonal. Friendly staff, good catering available. Delicious Organic Coffee. One of few places in Oriental opened for breakfast - opens at 7:00.
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

As a business traveler I always try to spread the wealth by visiting local mom and pop diners. But this is a one time deal for me. Serving food on paper plates with plastic knives and forks, does not make me feel welcome. " Kind if like the stranger that slipped in the back door. " the other review about the hash browns is entirely correct. And condiments like ketchup etc were not on the table. Given it is in a house setting, ask yourself would you serve your friends breakfast on paper in your own home. Sorry not worth what I paid. Service was great though!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Good food in a neat old house. My omelette was very tasty, coffee was fresh and all very affordable. Good way to start your day in Oriental!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Charming atmosphere in an older home. Visited during lunch and greatly enjoyed a unique salad... locals seeking more of a gourmet type food eat there often.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a nice little place where fresh and healthy food is caringly made and offered. It's set up to be like a deli, but the breakfasts here are good too. We like to get sandwiches and salads to eat out on our boat. :-)

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband had the reuben and I had the chicken and bacon wrap special. The service was attentive and very friendly. The food was very good. There was a very good variety to choose from. When I saw the menu, I thought the sandwiches were a tad expensive, but when I tasted it, I thought it was money well spent.

LovinOrientalNC, Owner at Village Food Emporium, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

How nice to find such positive and candid feedback from a first-time customer! Thank you for noticing the variety of our menu and recognizing the value of our food and service. In this economy it is extremely challenging to keep customer prices affordable AND still serve healthful, fresh foods in consistently generous and satisfying portions. I hope you'll be back to sample other options in the future.